Walking

Percy greenfingers

Silver Member
Evening all. Just a quick one, if I start walking for say 40 mins a day til I feel pink and warm, how will that effect the weight loss and toning up?
Thing is I hate exercise but do like walking and could probably stretch to the 40 mins in my lunch hour, after all it doen't take an hour to drink a chock shake does it?
Any advise gratefully accepted.....:party0036:
Cheers everyone!

Thanks Preetone, I mostly ss, but like to relax on friday night with a glass of wine and a small sensible meal. Sometimes that works, sometimes I drink more than I ought to, but I am losing every week. Think I'll give the walking thing a go....

I walk every night with my dogs & have noticed that my legs & bum are toning up. I don't think it has affected my weight loss. On a wkend I walk around 2 hrs each day also.

Plus the other benefit is that I sleep really well too.

xx

Thanks Emma, Don't think the cat would come that far with me, but I'm happy to go it alone. Your doing really well, 52lb is amazing.

Walking is great exercise. I love to walk :clap: It may, or may not help the weightloss. Really does depend.

But! Don't do it to help the scales along. If you do that, you'll only walk for as long as the scales approve....then you'll stop :(

Walk for the other benefits.

I walk because:

It's part of my lifestyle now
It's a chance to get into another enviroment
It gives me some fresh air
I can clear my head; put the worlds to right
I can check the living are still out there
It stops me getting stiff
I get to meet the neighbours! Teehee
I find interesting things (check out people's gardens :D)
I sleep better
I feel a part of the world
If I don't go for a walk, I feel frustrated...cooped up....old

etc etc

If the scales approve, then that's fine by me too, but I benefit is so many other ways that I'm sure I will continue to get out there long term :clap:

before i started cd 3 weeks ago i ran on my treadmill in the kitchen everynight,my cd said no,so i stopped,but i am desprete to get back to it,but i am thinking cd ssis 400 cals i am busy all day then if i use 200 cals on the treadmill wont i go into starvation mode?god i hate not exercising

Back