Wanna reach for the chocolate.....

Blue Butterfly

Gold Member
My little brother has just been in a car accident :cry:
He hit a patch of ice, his car hit a kerb and his car flipped over into a ditch....he's been taken to the hospital.
I cant even get to him because I cant drive and there is no public transport going out of my village.
I know that he's ok, well as ok as he can be after an accident, he's conscious and stuff but he's my little 'baby' brother and we get on like we're best friends so this has really upset me/made me worry.
Really upset and it's stupid but I just wanna eat choc right now, cant stop shaking :(

No point in this thread just needed to write it down and get it out.

He's in good hands and where he needs to be. I'm sure he knows you are there when he needs you. Don't let it ruin your momentum on the diet, keep going. Its hard not to give in when times are hard, but the feeling after you've had the chocolate will make you feel worse.

Oh no! No wonder your shaken up:(

I'm so pleased he's ok though, bet you can't wait to give him a hug

Maybe try a nice hot drink to calm your nerves? The chocolate won't help, it'll make you feel 10 times worse later on, but you've had a big shock, so be very kind to yourself and do what you need to do:hug99:

Oh no, what a horrible shock, I hope he is ok xx

As TaraTeal said, eating chocolate will only make you feel bad later. Try and ignore that craving and get past it, you are doing amazing x

big hugz! what a worry for you, glad he is "ok" and in good hands.
Agree with the others, if you can have a hot drink that'd prob be better than choc - they usually say a hot cup of tea for shock dont they? Hoping hes given the all clear very soon x

There is every point in this thread !!
He is your brother and worried !!
And you have gotten it out, so no need to reach for anything you already know the taste of, is there ? :)
I hope your brother is well, and you have managed to speak to him by now...sometimes hearing their voice is all it takes to put your mind at ease :)
Marge
xxx

I've spoken to him :D Luckily he only has cuts and bruises but his car has also just been towed home and I have no idea how he escaped with his life.
They want to keep him at the hospital for a few hours just to keep an eye on him.

And I didn't eat anything.
It's annoying how upset/stress makes me wanna eat so bad!

Sorry to hear about your brother...but glad his ok, and a comfort you spoke to him.
Well done for not having anything to eat....eating won't change anything and probably why most of us are here...eating to surpress our emotions.

Stay strong and wishing your brother a speedy recovery x

You are 100% right trolley dolly... You should be proud for not reaching for the comfort food. I do it all the time, thats why I am here as trolley dolly pointed out, well done and it's good to know he is ok! Take care x

Oh Blue Butterfly big hugs to you. Glad to here he is safe. Totally agree with everything said above.
Take care xx

Glad to hear he is ok. And as the others have said , well done for not reaching for the food. X

Last edited:
Back