Wanna start tomorrow..

Scarybush

Have a dilema, I really wanna start Atkins tomorrow, but my food funds are very low on a weekly basis.. like E30, and I have no Idea of a Phase 1 week plan..
Really don't wanna fail on this, I've been trying to do Exante VLCD and have failed really badly over the last few weeks..
I'm hoping Atkins can help, to get me outta my Carb addiction..
Can anyone help by pointing me towards a Meal plan on a budget, will be happy to do that meal plan for a few weeks as i've a huge amount to loose..

Thanks Marie

I tend to just be thoughtful bout where I buy. Vegs generally off the market, cheap cuts of meat, look out for offers on stuff etc. Reckon I spend £30-35 ish a week for just me. Main thing is planning ahead n being organised with how to get the most outta what u buy. For example recently I cooked up a big crustless quiche n although it used a few ingredients it gave me four breakfasts n a few snacks so worked out quite economic.

I have no problem eating the same thing all the time, and would usually cook all my meals for the week.. But I will say this about Ireland the meat and Veg is faily expensive over here.. thats why i've eaten high carb foods for so long.. because their cheap and nasty..
I mean a box of rice and pasta can get over 7 meals outta each..

Well I'm pretty skint too so try n do low carb on the cheap. I go for bacon n whatever meat is on offer in the supermarket or even the clearance shelf n make my meals around what I get.

I'm on low income, today my food shop for the week bill was £32. I buy my eggs, which are a great food, in the market, 85p per ½ dozen. In most stores they are over £1 per ½ dozen.

the great thing about atkins is that fat consumption is important - so some of the cheaper cuts of meat fit in really well - look out for belly pork (yum!) or a breast of lamb joint - Sainsburys, Asda and Tesco do a breast of lamb roll in their respective "basics" ranges.

eggs, bacon and cheese and in season non starchy veg are all reasonably priced!

I know what you mean about RoI being expensive though - I work a couple days a week in RoI and I really notice the difference!

It's coming into seed planting time, I'm gonna try and grow loads of spinach beet going to save on pennies. Lettuce is really easy too....an idea ;) oh and radish can be grow really easily too!

I'd also say, you won't be as hungry anyway, I haven't been. Drink loads of water too

Hope that helps x

I'm gonna finish my Exante sachets, which i've nearly a month of left.. gona kill me to stay on it.. but I think I'll have lots of meal plans figured out by then.. and think I'll start growing.. the likes of Lettuce, and corgettes stuff thats easy.. As I may not have a Garden come March.. as i've to move again..

Do your veg in troughs so you can take them when you move!

The best courgettes I had were ones I kept in pots in the sun porch! Just kept on going!

Oh if you get a packet of mixed salad leaves, they a re great and you never know what your gonna get ;)

Good luck SB

X

Back