WannabeSkinnyMinnie's Fat to Fab Diary 2013

When I was a teenager I ate polo mints until they were coming out of my ears. As a dare I wrote to the company telling them I had saved up over a thousand holes and I was sending them to them for reuse. I got a lovely letter back thanking me for my kindness.
My first attempt at recycling before there was such a thing!
Mere x

Brilliant Mere :D

I was a bit of a nut job then and if I am honest I still am. :eek:
Mere x

Fascinating Marge, I will remember this. I read today on a fitness page that in a McDonald's ribjoint (unsure what that is, must be new in the last 4 months ;) ) they have the same ingredient in it as what's used for yoga matts :eek: xx

Ah.. "The entire McDonalds McRib sandwich contains 70 ingredients — including azodicarbonamide, a flour-bleaching agent used in yoga mats."

Marge you're so knowledgable about foods! You have made me feel a bit better about the mayo as I would rather lower carbs then lower cals.

The hole is actually in a different tooth. The wisdom tooth is infected because of the flap of gum which is exposed to allow the tooth to come through- something like that :S I will need to get the hole filled another time yes!

Ahh thanks guys your all so kind. I guess I have had a busy month health wise! I am STILL on TOTM! I do feel like it's never going to stop! I haven't mentioned it in a while because it seems like the norm!

Anyway, back on track had 3 shakes and 3litres of water.

I really fancy getting a mountain bike and going on a few bike rides! I might have a look on some of the local selling sites on fb- just hope we get some nice sunny cycling weather!
xx

Poor you! With such a long TOTM do you think you will be low on iron? Or is it not enough to cause that, I don't know. Well done on being and feeling on track! Your water is always excellent, mine is very poor recently.

Bike sounds a fab idea! With the nice weather I'm really in the mood too. Been toying with exercise ideas this week and may be starting something cheap and easy very soon. Hope you find a good bike, perfect for this time of year :) xx

Yeah one of the girls at work said that. I guess I've been sooo tired recently could be down to being low on iron? Coming up to Week 4 of TOTM! A quater of my time on Exante haha! Its quite light at the mo so hoping it ceases soon!

I never know after having a low intake over the weekend is it best to ease in with the water or try and catch up and drink like 4 litres straight away? I need to wee so often thats the only prob!

I live opposite a wood with a little spring running through. I'm a bit of an explorer so would love to go bike riding around the woods, up and down hills and along the stream! So much fun compared to walking! What exercise are you thinking of ED? Are you going to do the shred at some point? x

If you're tired keep an eye on things and go see a out it if you feel weak. Wow a month! Glad it's lighter, hope it goes and never returns!

The woods and spring sound lush, I have that here too and the mountains, beaches, being in the valleys near the shore.. But I have never appreciated it or made the most of it. Time is now! Well I sold my treadmill when I was skint, which I now regret grr lol, and I can't afford gym, also not confident enough to run outside. So I'm thinking get back to the walking I used to do before OH run me everywhere in the car, or attempt the Josie Gibson DVD and 30DS again.

What I would LOVE is to get a bike and this little double seat carrier things you attach to the back, so the girls can have a ride wherever I go and I won't need to worry about finding anyone to watch them for me etc. or I could just get a bike and ride down the beach along the seafront and ride home again in time to collect little one from nursery 11:30am.

Depends on cost I suppose, the free option for me is the walking and DVDs right now, as I still have my gym mat and weights too but don't want to stall on these last few lbs either. Hmmmm.

Bet your sorry you asked now haha I don't half go on!

With the water I don't really know but iv always been scared of too much, after reading the stories. I have been told 4 litres is too much aswell but you have already been doing what you do. i personally would say 2 litres increased to 3 during the week. I can't advise on water as I have been a devil and drank about 2 litres of it in A week. Changing that as of tomorrow too xx

There's a lady on one of the groups that's lost a huge amount on Exante in a short amount of time and she drinks 6-8 litres of water a day I think she said, but how can you have any kind of life if you're drinking that much? Surely you must just be on the loo all day? I've only had a litre and a half today, was out all morning and been making braids all afternoon/evening and I can't drink when both hands are busy lol.

Cant believe you're still TOTM Minnie, I would think you probably are slightly anaemic after bleeding for so long. It might be worth taking an iron supplement for a bit and see if that helps with energy levels etc. You can get it in liquid form but dont know what else is in that.

i read that margarine shares 27 ingredients with paint, again i dunno how true this is?!

to work out your required water intake u multiply your weight in kilos by 33 ie 85kilos * 33 = 2805 that is your own basic requirements or as close as is measurable! the problem with too much water is the time scale u drink it in, if you drink 4 litres within an hours period then this is likely to b fatal whereas 4litres over a course of a day is alright! i use a litre bottle and fill it at breakfast, refil it at lunch tea and before I go to bed. and sometimes much more that this - if you are over 75 you multiply it by 25 x

You can buy ferrous sulphate from the chemist counter but the dose would normally be based on blood results. You normally take 1 upto a max of 3 times daily. You can buy multi vit's with extra iron but if your not feeling weaker than usual and the inside of your eye lid is still pinky, it normally means your iron level is fine. :) xxx

Yeah time to go my llc used to always say think of your bodys as a water wheel. Little and often will keep it turning :) xxx

Just a quick post before I go to work! I'll catch up on your replies later and read them properly!
Just wanted to say ive weighed this morning to see if I'd achieved my challenge and I have! 2lb loss already this week with 2 full days to go before wi. So glad sundays didnt effect it too much.

So this means I have an overweight bmi instead of obese yay!! A bmi in the 20's! I cant believe it! Seeing as last yr it was 42!! Also 2lb to go for my 4 stone loss!

Has anyone noticed that the bmi calculator on exante gives a higher bmi to any other calculator?!

Weird about the Exante BMI - I have goggled for others but as I like to use metric measurements I always fall back on the calculator on the Exante website. Got my WI on Thursday and will do the BMI calculation on Exante.com and then try a couple other websites to compare. Thanks for the info. Have a good day, y'all! :)

Great loss
You will have that 2 lb off soon im sure

Nik

Well done Minnie a big achievement. I did notice you have to be 2lbs lighter for the same bmi as on here.
Mere x

Fab well done Hun! xx

Well done Minnie :D
Fab news :D

I hadn't noticed the differences in the bmi calcualtors :)

Back