1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

WannabeSkinnyMinnie's Fat to Fab Diary 2013

Discussion in 'Exante - Diaries' started by WannabeSkinnyMinnie13, 11 January 2013 Social URL.

1. WannabeSkinnyMinnie13

WannabeSkinnyMinnie13 Well-Known Member

Hey Everybody,

I have been on TS for 8 days now and thought it was time to write a diary as I'm always reading and writing on everybody elses enough :p

I started Exante on the 4th of January- I had a final binge over Christmas and now ready to lose weight- once and for all.

I have done WW in the past- losing 4 stones when I was 15 and last year nearly 2 stone. The diet works- slowly- but I found it hard to attend the meetings with my work schedule :( It gets frustrating when the weight dribbles off you when you work hard- counting points and eating healthily.

I have also had a hypno band most recently. It has helped me reduce my meals and feel full quicker. I lost a stone in 3 months through healthy eating and regular exercise.

However, I am doing Exante as I am on a bit of a deadline! I have been asked to be a bridesmaid for a goos friend of mind- however- its abroad in August! I haven't been on holiday for years as I cannot face wearing clothes that show your body! I normally wear cardis and black tights- I can't wear these there haha!

So I have until July to lose the weight. Ideally, for my height of 5'1 I need to be between 8 and 9 stone. So far I have lost 8lb. My friend has just done the cambridge diet and her weightloss has been very successful and she looks fantastic! She is the bride :)

Onwards and inwards....

xx

Last edited: 13 January 2013
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. carrieclaus

carrieclaus Well-Known Member

Yay!!! You have a diary!!! Xxx

4. Hlb1986

Hlb1986 Well-Known Member

Good luck!

Looking forward to reading about your success.
    I am bridesmaid in May and want to lose about 5 stone hence the diet :)

5. Sage-femme

Sage-femme Well-Known Member

Hello lovely, looking forward to keeping up with your diary. Think we are similar weights too :) xx

6. ED.

ED. Champion Weight Gainer. Repeat offender.

Glad you made a diary! ;) Really looking forward to watching your progress! Practically the same weight as me with same goal weight so here's to getting there, Well done so far :D xx

7. WannabeSkinnyMinnie13

Aww cheers guys! I'm looking forward to sharing my progress with you :)

Today I've had two strawberry shakes! I tried to make one into a muffin like I do with the chocolate one- tasted weird! Still don't like the veg soup either- just couldn't eat it! So only had bits of each and chucked them so had a chicken breast cooked on the George Foreman. I should still stay in ketosis but think I've probably eaten less calories than what I should have :S Least chicken has no carbs and low fat I suppose!
    What a disaster!! x

8. WannabeSkinnyMinnie13

and won't have had my vits and mins :S

9. WannabeSkinnyMinnie13

Yeah I'm hoping for 9.6 as that puts me with a healthy BMI- your a little bit taller but theres only 1lb difference in our weight! We can do it!!!

10. notsoskinnymarge

notsoskinnymarge Well-Known Member

Hello :D
    That's a very realistic time frame you have to get to your goal :D

11. WannabeSkinnyMinnie13

Do you think? I thought I was being a bit ambitious! Having never done this diet before or any other VLCD's I don't know what to expect! Normally 5-6 stone would take me 3 years if I was on WW. I feel pressure to keep losing weight before July so I am so glad you think its realistic :D I will get there :)

12. ED.

ED. Champion Weight Gainer. Repeat offender.

This diet averages at around 1st per month, some lose more! Very realistic goal date :) xx

13. carrieclaus

I think it's very achievable, wether you make it or not is up to you, give it a damn good go! 1st a month yep I know you can do it xxx

14. notsoskinnymarge

I agree. If you keep to it, then YES it is very doable. 7 months to lose 6 stone ;)
    That gives you a little extra, incase you have another few social events in the meantime to catch up :D
    Plod on with it, and you will deffo get there :D

15. WannabeSkinnyMinnie13

Ahh cheers for the confidence guys :) I can't wait to get there- I am so determined not to be a fat bridesmaid that I have no other choice but to stick to this.

Today I had the choc shake hot with some cinnamon- it was lovely! Can't wait for another! Just had my first glass of coke zero and it feels amazing! I'm so fed up with water so I'm glad I can drink this!

16. kirstypegs87

kirstypegs87 Well-Known Member

how do you make the shakes into muffins that sounds awesome????ive never done a vlcd either, so we can see what its like together!

17. WannabeSkinnyMinnie13

I know it's all very exciting doing a VLCD!

I mix the shake power (choc) with about 2 tbs of water to a thickish paste. Can add sweetner too because I find the choc a bit bitter as shakes. Then I put the mixture into a ramekin or mug if haven't got one. Put into the microwave on high for just under a minute but if it looks a little bit soggy in the middle, put it back in for about 10 seconds or so. I like it and it just adds a bit of variety!!

Thats what I'm struggling with most. It's not the hunger- its having the same thing all the time. I'd even go off chinese if I had that all the time so I'm keen to find as many things to do with the packs as poss! :p

Good luck!

18. notsoskinnymarge

I have never tried turning the shakes into muffins, as I love them in coffee :)
    But I do add curry powder to the mushroom soup, and chilli to the tomato and basil soup. I actually find the vegetable, and thai chicken soups and fine, with a good dod of salt and pepper in :), although they have also had chilli flakes added at some point :)

19. WannabeSkinnyMinnie13

I dunno what it is with the vegetable soup- it just makes me want to gag! The chicken is okay with a bit of spice, I can just about do the tomato!

I could eat the porridge all day with cinnamon- I love it! Just ordered some banana and vanilla shakes so looking forward to them next week :)

20. WannabeSkinnyMinnie13

Just wondering, has anyone ever had 2 meal replacements (totaling 400cals) plus a 200 cal meal before? Would it be cheating? I was thinking on Sundays (roast day) cutting out a shake and having a chicken breast with lettuce as a treat? I'd still be having roughly the same amount of cals or would it mean it wouldn't be 100%?

21. carrieclaus

As add a meal week your meant to have 3 packs + a meal and working solutions is 3 packs plus a meal so I'd recommend you having 3 plus a 200 kcal meal. It's still classed as 100% as you'd be having a working solution day not a total solution day xxx