Wannabslim's SW diary - saying "goodbye"

Hehe yeah it's getting easier by the day :) am hoping for a loss this week as I do feel like I've lost something... may not be much but as long as it's something!!

Planned my Chinese deliberately to be low syn - can have a chow mein and a couple of vodkas for 10 points - and if I fancy a few more, I still have 5 points to play with!

Was wondering if someone could explain what this "flexi-syns" thing is that people keep talking about... I don't know what they are!

xxx

When is your wi day hun so i can pop in to see how your doing?
Hope you have a nice weekend xx

Hi hun - flexi syns is basically when you know you can't be good (e.g. a wedding)... so you think, right... I'm going to allow myself 60 syns for the night. It's above what you should have normally, however - sometimes we have to go over a little (as we're not in control of the food / menu)....

The clever thing is that you keep counting your syns and get straight back on track the next day...

Otherwise you could go, thinking I'm going to be extra good - then blow it, wake up the next day with a hangover think feck it, I've been bad I may as well pig out on this, this and this now.

I hope this makes sense? xxx

Ahaaaa I seeeee, now it makes sense! Lol can we have flexi syns every day!!? (just kidding!)

Gem, I weigh in on Monday nights, so tomorrow - this week has absolutely flown by, but at the same time it feels like I've been on SW for ages!

Am going to get told off when my SW leader sees my food diary - a lot of syns and not enough healthy extras! Yesterday was extreme as I was so busy I forgot to eat, but I didn't have a single free frood or HEXA! And only had one HEXB.... But I feel and look slimmer already - even my OH has commented, so it's gotta be working.

Will try hader next week though to get all the right things in - just not used to eating so much!

xxx

Good afternoon everyone,

Just popping in during my lunch to say hi and I weighed myself this morning (as it's WI day today) and I've lost THREE POUNDS :D :D

OK so it wasn't my official WI but I'll be wearing quite heavy work clothes when I go for it tonight (was wearing light summer clothes last week), so I wanted to see an accurate loss :)

Am rly chuffed! And even if I haven't lost that at official WI, I know deep down that that's what I've lost :D

To say I'm happy is an understatement - who'd have thought you could lose 3lbs by eating lots, drinking wine AND eating chinese and chocolate!!?

My average loss on CD was 3lbs, and although I don't expect to lose more than an average of 1.5lbs a week on SW, to see the same loss as I'd achieve on an abstinence diet is GRRRRREAT :D :D

Wooohooo yay Slimming World!

x

ooh wd on your 3lbs. It really is worth it.

If you count it you can have it and everything is countable, so you're never deprived.

SW really is the business once you get your head round it.

T4A xx

That's a brilliant start, well done! xx

Thanks everyone :) I'm so chuffed!

Well I've done better today on getting my healthy extras in and less syns! Getting there slowly :)

xxx

Yeah getting used to it slowly thanks Taz - still can't quite deal with the shopping though, am going to need to start writing lists as I can't just go down and buy whatever's on "special offer" now :(

Going well thanks Gemma, how are you getting on? Am loving not being hungry, but still can't believe I'll actually lose weight eating all this - next WI will tell eh?!

xxx

A lot of people find it easier to do online shopping. That way you only buy what you want to buy and can't be swayed by the special offers and extra impulse buys. Although it costs about £5 to be delivered, you will probably save that with all the things you won't be buying on impulse!

Hi Nikki,

Glad to see your getting into the swing of it, have you got a food diary anywhere? Am going to be over here in 5 weeks hopefully so would love a nose.

Hi Gemma hun, I haven't really been doing a food diary on here, too lazy and don't come online enough! Will try and remember to when I log on though.

Today has been an easy day - not sure why!

Brekkie:
2 pieces wholemeal toast (HexB) with a tsp honey (1syn)
Alpen light

Mid-morning:
Plum
Banana
Alpen light
Mini babybel light

Lunch:
Spaghetti hoops
Muller light
Grapes
Mini babybel light x2

Dinner
Stir-fry: frylight, garlic, peppers, onions, mushrooms, bean sprouts, cabbage, carrot (free). Served with wholegrain rice (free) and half a sachet of stir-fry sauce (4 syns).

2 Marshmallows (2 syns).

Mid-evening snack:
Jacket potato with cheese (free+HexA)

Total syns: 7
Nikki: full!

So a good day for me - my free food section, healthy extra and syns sections of my SW paper food diary finally seems to be in proportion... but I've had to eat loads to achieve that!

Still can't believe I can actually lose weight doing this, so am dubious about what will happen at WI on Monday - we shall see.

xxx

Hi hun,
I am doing much better this week, i have saved a few syns for my chinese the weekend so i am hoping all goes to plan this week.
Hope your finding the plan ok now.

Back