Wannabslim's SW diary - saying "goodbye"

Thanks for posting that Nikki, sounds like a fab day. I wouldn't worry about your weigh in looks to me like a very healthy day filled with fruit, veg and good carbs.

Thanks hun!

Thought I'd give an update as today has been amazing for me!

Started the day on a downer after doing some Wii fit and then decided to WI.. and it said I had actually put on since last Wi :( gutted.

But I decided not to let it affect my mood and had a muller light with a scan bran crumbled in for brekkie.

Then had a phone call from my friend inviting me out for lunch at Pizza Hut. I said "yes" but felt a bit guilty about it (this was about 8.45 this morning).

So, to make myself feel better I decided to go to the gym... but instead of my normal boring workout and seeing as I have the day off, I decided to try out a class that I wouldn't normally be able to go to 'cos of work...so I booked in for a "legs, bums and tums" class at my gym for 9.15! So I rushed straight there, did a ridiculously tough workout (the regular class-goers said she worked them harder than normal at the end and were moaning to her that it was too tough) and my legs are now like jelly - I can hardly stand up and when I do, I feel like I'm about to fall down! The class incorporated 25 mins of aerobics and 20 mins of legs, bums and tums work. Very intense and I feel great for it!

After my workout I went for a quick swim, then a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room :) apparently a 2o min session in the sauna can burn as much as 200 cals!! Great stuff :)

So after the gym I set off for lunch feeling good and with the frame of mind that I needed to control myself in order to make sure I didn't feel guilty afterwards and allow myself to go into a negative spiral.

Sooo....I went to Pizza Hut, and as I waited for my friend outside I looked in my Syn book and looked at how many syns are in their food... I was horrified! But I decided that I would limit myself to flexi syns for today of 60, as that would enable me to eat plenty and yet still maintain control (in days gone by I could have eaten a whole pizza with about 90 syns in!). I felt happy that I could control myself as I had set a limit but it wasn't too low so I could eat what I wanted pretty much.

As I have been under my syn limit every day this week ( a total of 15.5 actually), and still have today and 3 more days worth of syns left for this week, I figured that would limit any damage and I could recoup the syns over the next few days...

So how did I do?

I was SOOOOOOOOOO amazing! Get me! I had THREE slices of pizza (medium size), a bit of pasta and lots of salad. That's THREE slices! Not 4, or 5, or 6.... which I would easily have done in the past :) We had a buffet too so I could have kept going if I had wantd, but no, I stopped when I started to feel vaguely full and only went up to the buffet twice, filling my plate at least half full with salad and the rest with the pizza. And those plates aren't that big so it was better than if it had been a huge plate - makes you eat less (which I'm sure is what Pizza Hut want, as it means they ultimately save money).

So, I ate slowly whilst chatting with my friend, then stopped when I felt comfortably full (well as soon as I felt I was starting to be full). This meant the amount I ate was controlled and I didn't gorge it down quickly so my brain had a chance to tell me my belly was full!

When we left the restaurat I realised that it was the first time I have ever left pizza hut feeling comfortable and not bloated!!! I feel so proud of myself! AND I only used 30 syns (actually 28.5 but I've rounded up to 30 just in case). Which means that I was under my flexi-syn 'allowance' by 30 AND I am actually not in "debt" - as I have simply used up the syns I had "banked" (the 15.5) plus 14.5 of today's allowance. :D :D :D

So I can be good for the rest of the day today (I doubt I'll feel hungry now until later this evening as I still feel full) and feel happy in the knowledge that not only have I stayed within my week's syns, but that I have also had a lovely lunch at PIZZA HUT with a friend!! I do love this diet :D :D

So, I guess you could say I'm feeling pretty chuffed at the moment. I stayed in control and didn't blow my efforts. I stayed under my syn limit. I went to the gym.

I am in control and it feels GREAT!

Had anothr great day today - Mike and I went to my parents' house for lunch, then went to my brother's new photographic studio and spent a few hours having some photos taken - some really great ones actually and am so pleased and proud of my brother... he's done really well to set himself up in business and he's good as a photographer!!

Just had an Indian for dinner (30.5 syns) which leaves me with 20 syns for the rest of this week (tomorrow and Monday), so that's 10 a day - not bad!!!

Don't feel that I've lost this week - even though I have counted everything and stuck within my syns for the week, I feel bigger in size for some reason... we'll see what happens on Monday's WI I spose!

xxx

I'm sure you will have lost something hun, you probably are just feeling the effect of 30.5 Syns in one go but that will even out by Monday. I often find that I drop lbs on the morning of WI

I shall give you an example: My WI day is Wednesday morning. I get on the scales every morning to see where I'm at. This morning I am 2lb uo which is fine because I know that it will be gone by WI if I stick to the plan. Some times my weight can stay the same all through the week then just drop on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I will be surprised if you haven't lost this week if you have been sticking to it

Im sure you will have lost. I always drop weight during the day of my wi

Hey guys,

Just to let you know that I did a lot of thinking this weekend and have decided to switch back to CD, but I will be back on SW once I reach goal as I intend to use it to maintain... I think it's a great plan for maintenance as it really encourages healthy eating whilst allowing for those little treats that we all need in life!

Unfortunately it just isn't going to work quickly enough for me as I am working to a strict deadline of the end of June (my dress fitting) and I can't risk not being at goal in time... otherwise I would be glad to do it!

Wish me luck and I hope to be back with you in a month or two

xxx

Good Luck Nikki.
Sorry sw wasnt for you. As you have realised sw is a very healthy diet but if you want to loose the lb's as quickly as possible then cd maybe the best for you.
Good luck.

Thanks hun, though I'll be back way before my wedding! It's not til Sept and I'm hoping to be back here before the end of June/early July :)

xxx

Good luck hun x

Thanks you two :) I'm still lurking a bit as I am only seeing CD as a temporary thing before I come back here :) the sooner the better!! xxx

Back