Wannabslim's wedding update! It's been a while!

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

Please can I join you in the world of brides to be? I was proposed to on Wednesday :) by my bf of 3 and a half years (and of course said yes!).

I have started CD today (as I was planning to do this before the proposal but now we are getting married I don't have any choice if I want to look nice in my dress!!

Am keeping a diary on the Members Only section but thought it would be good to spend a bit of time here with you guys, hopefully I might pick up some hints, tips and inspiration along the way!

xxx

Congrats darling...can't wait to see the ring on Friday!

:) thanks hun! I can't believe its nearly Butlins time! I have my cowboy hat (sparkly!) at the ready and am raring to go. We need to arrange meeting up somewhere and swap numbers etc soon methinks! Have you spoken to Clare recently? Havent heard from her at all! xx

Congratulations!

Ahh wow Karenlou congrats to you too!! Yep it definitely does concentrate the mind. I want to be slim BEFORE I choose the dress, then I only have the pressure to maintain my weight. I don't want the pressure of choosing a dress and then having to slim down to fit into it... does that make sense? xx

congratulations hun, good luck with cd!!!

Love nas x

God, yes, that makes perfect sense. I'm going to buy my dress in the January sales so I'm focussing on losing as much as poss between now and Xmas (and then keeping it off over Xmas lol).

Good luck xx

That's a great logic Wannabslim. Are you having an engagement party?

Bren
X

Oooh do Bridal shops do January sales?! I live quite near a Berkertex bride shop so plan to have a look there!

Thanks for your messages of congratulations by the way :)

No plans to have an engagement party as planning to SS til goal before I indulge in any major nights out (except Butlins this weekend, maybe I can make that into my engagement party lol) as dont want to come off the diet at all from now til goal. Its less than 2 stone away so it won't take long if I get on with it. Will just have to have fab hen/stag do's instead I suppose!

Started the diet yesterday morning and weighed 13.5 :( and the same time today I weighed only 13st!! I know its water weight but it feels fab to know I am shrinking already! :D :D

xx

I'm getting married in August next year and have already chosen my dress and ordered it. Lost all the weight before I went (3 stone) and have ordered my dress in a size 14 which fitted lovely.

Congratulations on your engagement.

FF

:D aww thanks Lisa Marie, thats a lovely thing to say!! Cheryl, I expect you to be there with bells on! x

Oooh do Bridal shops do January sales?! I live quite near a Berkertex bride shop so plan to have a look there!

xx
Just a quick tip hun, you can't 'just have a look' in Berketex. They are totally up themselves and won't let you look even at the rails without an appointment. Most bridal shops do sell off their last seasons styles but they will only have a limited stock and every dress will usually only be in one size.

Back