Wannabslim's wedding update! It's been a while!

Ooooo, i'd love to see it. And congrats on the 14 being too big.

Just booked our honeymoon!!!! We're going to a gorgeous 5* resort in Egypt (Sharm el Sheikh) which is quite new and especially designed as a romantic/honeymoon hotel :D

Have got a great deal - 10 nights, full board, upgraded room so we have a sea view (and will hopefully receive a further upgrade on arrival as we're honeymooners), insurance, extra legroom seats, insurance including excess waiver. PLUS we have also, inlcuded in the price, arranged a night in a hotel in Gatwick for our wedding night before we fly out for our honeymoon... all for under £2k (just).

So we'll get a taxi in the evening after our reception to go via. my parents' house where I can get changed and pick our cases, to take us up to the Sofitel at Gatwick. We'll probably get there about 10.30pm and as the hotel's attached to North terminal (where our flight's going from) we can have a lie-in the next day and just walk across to catch our plane.... will be lovely not having to rush around!!

xx

:D :D :D so pleased it's finally booked. The hotel is amazing and I can't wait!! xxx

Yep :) just got the florist to book and we're meeting with the caterers in Jan (we have confirmed them already tho), oh and the mens suits. Other than that, we're good to go!

Booking our honeymoon early has paid off, and they are running a 'one-off' discount weekend this weekend so jumped at the chance! We have got an early booking discount, plus their in-house discount...The same holiday this time last week would have cost us an extra £190 and pushed us over budget! AND if you wanted to book the same break now for a month or so's time, it would cost you almost double what we're paying! x

sounds absolutely amazing honey :D i am still thinking of malaysia but unless there is a sudden change of finances (unlikely...) then it's going to be some time after the wedding :)

abz xx

Ooh my friends just got back from their honeymoon in Malaysia. The pics are beautiful :) perfect place for a honeymoon! x

ha. fair does. just in case you knew on the offchance :)

you getting incredibly excited yet? i keep swinging from incredible excitement to oh my god panic i don't know if i've remembered to organise everything. off to a wedding fayre today so hopefully i'll be able to sort things then :D

abz xx

aww wish i was going to a wedding fayre! there are a few things like the florist and DJ to organise still and until that's done I don't think I'll be able to relax, but other than that I'm just very excited and can't wait for the big day!! Roll on Wannabs slim wedding hehe xx

hee. you sound so excited hon. i swing from excitement to utter panic that i haven't sorted everything yet!! ha.

well i have booked my wedding car chap now. haven't decided on the car yet but as he only does one a day all his cars will be available so i can decide on that later. now there's just flowers, cake, dress, bridesmaids, hotels for the danish contingent, invitations and place settings, table centrepieces and rings to sort out. oh. and musicians and a dj. aargh. although i may have sorted the musicians bit. and the dj bit. oh. and a videographer. but i'm waiting to hear about that too. aaargh...

abz xx

i was looking at m and s for cakes but i wanted a square one and they don't do square fruit cake :( so i'm considering whether or not i should get a round one. i have round tables... so i suppose i could have a round cake. but i prefer square ones, ha.

abz xx

Caterers visit is complete! We spent an hour with our chef yesterday and I'm feeling sooo positive and excited by what we came up with! I now know all the timings, the exact menu we're having, what drinks we're giving ppl etc. and it all suddenly seems so real... AT LAST!!!

Our big day will be 8 months away on the 21st and I'm so excited!! My dress (which is already reserved and paid for) measurements are being taken in 2 weeks time and I'm so pleased that I have managed to lose the weight I'd hoped to in time for the measurements!!

You may recall that I wanted to get to BMI 25.0 and am hoping that I will reach that in the next week (if I haven't at my WI tomorrow). Then I will maybe have another week to give me another little loss beforehand.

The next few weeks I intend to use the Wii fit every day to tone up more, to try and get the measurements as accurate as possible by being the closest shape and size I'm likely to be on the day.

I have been really working hard on CD the last 3 weeks, and although it seems that it has taken me all this time to recoup my Christmas gain, actually I can see a big difference in my body, and I can't help but think that my pre-Christmas weight was due to water loss and not fat, whereas now it's the fat that's gone!

I have started to realise that the scales are only useful in part, and I am at peace now with my "weight" - it's now my shape and size that I perceive needs a little work! And that will come with exercise, so I'm glad I'm working up the CD plans at the moment as I don't currently have the energy to exercise. But in a few weeks I'll be in Maintenance and exercising the fat off!!! :D :D

Oh yep, and my engagement ring is now THREE sizes too big, but as it is faulty and I've been waiting for the shop to source me a new one to replace it, I can get a new one in the right size (phew!!). My current one is a 0.3ct. princess cut solitaire set in platinum, and my new one is a 1ct. 3-stone brilliant cut platinum ring... it's so much more sparkly than mine (obviously 3x the diamond weight makes a difference!) and it's tiny!! I get to pick it up in a couple of weeks :D it will be so nice to not have to wear it on my middle finger anymore!

xxx

your wedding plans sound so organised!! i'm getting married in less than six months now, aargh. six months on sunday just gone and i haven't talked menus yet, ha.

how did your weigh in go babes? did you get to that magical number 25?

abz xx

i know but it's assymetrical and you can't get extra layers. i went in and asked about it. i just wanted plain square ones like they do plain round ones. there's a place in the leeds indoor market that does fab cakes, my friend got her wedding cake there so i might have to pop in for a taste test while i'm still eating!!

abz xx

Back