Wannabslim's wedding update! It's been a while!

:) yep, a year and 3 months to plan it. Will need it though as am at University full-time and working part-time!! With a 20,000 dissertation to write too I really won't have much spare time til the summer, so plan to do most of the planning then!

xx

What are you studying, wannab? I've just finished my masters in socil policy and hoping to start a PhD in social anthropology in October (and planning a wedding too - aren't we gluttons for punishment!).

Thanks everyone. Here's a little update...

The date has changed (and is now final) to the Saturday 26th September, 2009. So a week earlier than planned. This is due to us wanting to use a particular caterers who only had this day free. The mgr really appreciated we had arranged our day around them and I get the impression that we will get extra special service as a result of this (from something she said)!!

We are having a church ceremony, followed by a wedding breakfast in the church hall (we are having venue dresssers come in and do it up even tho its quite a nice room and has a new carpet going in this summer), then an evening 'party' type reception in a room we have hired less than half a mile away... thinking that ppl can walk it if its nice or even get taxis/drive if need be. Plus the eve part is in the middle of our little town so if they want to stay there is a hotel right over the road... convenient methinks!!

So am quite excited now all the venues/rooms/service is booked, as are the caterers. All I need now is a stylist for the day, a baker for the cake and a florist, I have enquired about a car I like, and all the people provisions are taken care of! Just the little (well, littler) things to think about then which can be done much nearer the time!

:D I am a good events organiser so hopefully this won't be too difficult!
xxx

oh my god!! *runs around in circles in panic again!!*

i'm getting married on the 18th july 2009 and have so far booked the venue for the ceremony dinner and evening do. but since they are all in the same building that wasn't hard. i have a choice of five caterers that are allowed to serve you there so hopefully one of them will be available but i'm ringing them next week. as for everything else, not a clue!! am currently stressing about where to have our wedding night. am going around york on monday to find somewhere and have a look around but you have to stay two nights at all the nice hotels in york if you stay on a saturday.. so twice as expensive. still, it's only once :)

as for honeymoon, not a clue. flowers, transport, cake, dress, bridesmaids, photographer can wait. photographer and flowers next on the list. i figured the rest can wait a bit. ooooooooooooh panic!!

abz xx

we are booking our honeymoon much nearer the time to get the best deal possible and altho our parents are paying for the wedding (and hopefully if our budget is ok we should have 3k left to help with a deposit for a house when the market is at its lowest!) we want to save for the honeymoon ourselves, so booking it next year gives us time to save!

Think the caterers is an important one- our caterer only had one date left in the whole of sept and oct and we really wanted them so had to rearrange the venue/ceremony round them. Recommend getting onto them as its only 12 months away and as a summer wedding the time ur getting married may already be booked.... dont mean to scare u and sure u will be fine but I would make that a priority :D

Exciting all this running round in circles isn't it!!? :) xxx

ha. i'm getting dizzy!! and yeah i know. when i talked to the venue though they said there shouldn't be any problems with it being over a year away. there are only five caterers allowed to work at the venue so if none of them are available i'll bring sandwiches :D someone will be available. they are fairly large companies some of them... but yeah. it's part of my job on my next day off, which is monday, but i might ring from work over the weekend. i work such long hours that it's really hard to get in touch with people during the week...

abz xx

Yeah I am sure you'll be fine hun. I've only got it all sorted now cos have had a few days off before I start a new job where its residential so won't have any free time to do it then!

xx

i need to find a photographer too, in the height of wedding season. and i don't have a clue. am going to go and look at some websites. i have no money for deposits and things though. it's all most distressing!!

abz xx

Congratulations wannabslim, and abz, on both your upcoming weddings!! Must be so exciting, especially if you're the type of person who likes organising things...it's the ultimate thing to have to plan! Must get abit stressful at times, but sounds like you're pretty organised already wannabslim, so should be a breeze! :happy036:

Lol yeah I have organised a few big events in the past- am trained in PR and have experience of events management through that so it doesn't phase me.. luckily I made all my mistakes through other events so I won't make them on my own!!! :D hehe!! Like always get everything in writing, with no exceptions, no matter how big or small the agreement!

xx

You are so organised! And you are absolutely right about getting everything in writing and always always keep in touch with them right up til the day.

Good luck to both of you with your plans x

Lol yeah I have organised a few big events in the past- am trained in PR and have experience of events management through that so it doesn't phase me.. luckily I made all my mistakes through other events so I won't make them on my own!!! :D hehe!! Like always get everything in writing, with no exceptions, no matter how big or small the agreement!

xx

It is really scary how organised you are - I got engaged on Xmas morning last yr (been with my bf for 7 1/2 yrs so about time) we're getting married on 5 September 2009 and so far I have only booked the church and checked out some caterers...... think i'd better pull my finger out.

I've found a wedding dress I really want and am going to try on styles on Friday with my Sis, and if the style suits will order the dress I've seen. I've lost 2 stone and got nearly 3 stone to go - I know what you mean about putting added pressure on about buying the dress before getting to goal but I don't want to miss this dress so I'm willing to take the chance!

We're on a really tight budget because we moved into our house last year so money is a bit tight but we're determined to make every penny count (and get as many bargains as poss :D:D). Good luck with getting to your goal and all your plans

Love
Murray xx

Back