Wannabslim's WW Diary - back in the room!

i too am the same will always have my belly (spent years holding my weight there and then a preg) im gonna get to a weight im happy with and then just concentrate on toning etc!! which is exactly as u have done so well done hun....oh and dont worry bout the gain, ull be back down in no time hunni. whens ur offical wi?

It sounds like a really good plan. I know that because I'm so over weight now & I got pregnant at 18 st 4 pounds, so you can imagine how big I was at 38 weeks that my body is never going to look good. I am riddled with stretch marks all over the place. I'm 100% sure that at my ideal weight I'll have a mass of excess skin that only surgery would fix. Because of this I may stop before then as I'd rather feel comfortable than be too aware of excess skin. As long as I'm (at most) in the over weight category when I start to feel I need to stop then I will & just accept life as a slightly bigger woman than I want to be but with less excess skin than if I lost all the weight. It's a journey for all of us & we will only really know how we feel when we get there :)

Hey guys thanks for all your comments, its good to know I'm not alone!

I wouldn't consider surgery at the moment... firstly too expensive, secondly too much pain and hated the anaesthetic when I had my tonsils out.... thirdly no point if I'm going to have kids in the next 5-10yrs!!

You never know, maybe once I've had kids I might consider it! Sort my boobs, tum and arms out!

Well, just a quick update as I'm off out in a bit... have been quite good this week up until last night when we had a party. I stuck to vodka and diet cranberry energy drink, and didnt drink very much, but I ate a couple of cocktil sausage rolls and about 1/3 of a pizza (frozen not takeaway) which was about 8 points for all the food. Not sure exactly though.

Ive been using calorie counting alongside WW this week to see how many cals I tend to consume, and since starting using CC to help me, I have found I think more about my food and its much easier to stay focus. I am actually eating less using CC than I would on WW, and I find it less stressful... just need to see if it works, and if it does it may well be a sustainable and cheap way forward for me.

Have been trying not to have carbs in the evenings and to eat a baked potato at lunchtimes to get my main carby meal out of the way earlier in the day. It does seem to be making me feel better, and I have been enjoying my lighter veg/protein-based evening meals. Not eating carbs at night has meant I am eating more fresh veg, especially in the form of stir-frys, which is much better for me than a pizza would be!

Have been doing my sit-ups every night and have spent a bit of time doing arm weights as I said I would (altho havent watched much TV this week so havent had many opportunities to do them!) and I feel better for it, my stomach already feels tighter and I can feel the muscles when I sit up properly!

Off now to go shopping and then going out for the evening, so will prob be back on here tomorrow all hungover!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend- its nice and sunny here, hope you're not snowed in as I hear it's snowing up north!!

xxx

hey Nikki, if you're bothered by the tops of your arms, if you do tricep extensions it does help :)

congrats on all your sit ups thats great :) x

You sound so positive :D I really love your new attitude and i agree with you completely. You certainly look fab so no worries here. I am glad you have had a good week back. Funny you mention CC as I have been doing that off and on this week too. Just out of curiosity. Sit-ups will really help you. They have done wonders for me. I still have a way to go but after 2 kids my tummy is not in that bad a shape really and it is all down to around 60-80 sit-ups a day (when i remember lol). So glad you are so happy though..it's almost contagious :D

glad ur doing ok and u had a good night out!! i too am getting back into my toning etc cause starting to notice my belly lol!! xxx

Ah Nikki, you are doing so well!

And well done for all the sit-ups! You may have just inspired me to do some! Believe me - thats pretty hard to do too!x

Awww thanks guys for the words of advice and support! Haven't done any situps this weekend.... kind of mirrors my attention to pointing stuff this weekend too.

Last night was a heavy one, I had about 2/3 of a bottle of wine, along with numerous vodkas and diet cokes.... my body is not thanking me for it. I also have developed a cold over the weekend and am feeling pretty rough what with that AND a hangover!

I haven't counted points or cals this weekend although I did resist the urge to eat chocolate yesterday as I went into Thorntons, spent ages wondering what to treat myself to, and then told myself off for even thinking about it and walked out of the shop!

Yesterday I had a bacon sarnie for brekkie (2 slices lean bacon and 2 slices kingsmill), missed lunch as I was out shopping and ended up eating a combined lunch/dinner at about 4pm, which was some M&S potato skins with 2 breaded fishcakes... fat central and about 800 cals! Oh, and not forgetting the banana milkshake I washed it down with... oops. I reckon before alcohol I used about 1300 cals yesterday across the 2 meals. Shocking really. Add the drinks to that and I probably had about 2000, so not enough to gain weight but too many to lose. Then today with my cold and hangover I am eating "feel-good" foods... had a sausage in a slice of bread (kind of a mini sausage sarnie) that Mike made me for brekkie (200 cals), half a pizza (300 cals) and 4 potato waffles (420 cals) so far! That means I've got about 600 left which I will use at dinner and as a snack.

I guess its not disastrous but the stuff I have eaten has all been junky and there's been no good fresh stuff.... but I guess weekends like this are rare for me, and it's back to being strict tomorrow. Not holding out any hope for a loss at WI tomorrow tho :(

On the plus side, I am the same size and shape as last week so any gain isn't really 'a gain' of fat... I need to remember this is my first week of proper eating after CD and I may well see a gain from water/glycogen stores

xxx

Goodluck hun xx

Hi Nicki,

I have just read through all your diary and am now following with keen interest as you have come off a vlcd as well.

Good luck for tonight. a bit of a blip is to be expected as long as you get your head back in gear.

LRO xx

Good luck chick!x

good luck hun xxx

Hi everyone,

Sorry to disappoint but I didn't go to WW tonight. I have a nasty cold, finished work early and went to bed, and only woke up an hour after the meeting was due to start!

So I now plan to be really good this week, and hope for the best at next Monday's WI. I have eaten quite badly the last few days, mainly due to being ill - I always seem to eat 'feel-good' food when I'm ill, and just go for what I fancy to make me feel better, even though I probably shouldn't!

But still, I'm going to sort it out this week and get back on track, and once I'm better I'm going to start going to the gym or doing a form of exercise each day, as it's been put on hold for the time being cos I feel so pants!

Everyone at work was practically begging me not to go in tomorrow for fear that I might pass on my germs to them, but as I don't get sick pay I can't afford to do that unless I'm really unable to go in. It's only a cold but I do have a tendency to slip into a chest infection when I get a cold- have a weakness in my chest- and if that happens we're looking at a week off, minimum. So part of me wonders whether one day in bed might be better than pushing myself and being ill for longer..... hmmmmmm.....

Ah well, will have to see how I feel in the morning I suppose. My scales at home are static at about 12.3 at the moment, which is a bit pants but after the weekend I've had and having come off a VLCD I guess a small gain is to be expected... I don't really feel better for eating though (apart from feeling a bit more energetic) and part of me regrets having come off it so quickly, but I suppose at the time it seemed like the right thing to do and I can only go with how I feel, so am not beating myself up about it.

Anyway, I've rambled enough (you can tell I'm ill as I'm not making any sense!), it's back to bed for me now!

xxx
xxx

Back