Want to stop LOSING weight on consolidation

Hi everyone

Hope all dukaners are doung well. I started the cons phase three weeks ago now and was dead worried about gaining weight once I reintroduced the carbs.

Anyhow, I have been following the diet and have added all the extras (which I am loving) but I am still losing weight. People are beginning to say that I look too thin and look ill :(

It is Ramadan at the moment where we fast for the whole day, but I have still bee having all the allowances that I am supposed to be. In fact last weekend I even had a cheat and had two celebration meals over the weekend. Had a look on the scales today and I am 3lbs under TW.

So did anyone else experience this? I know some people do continue to lose, but did any of u not want to lose anymore? If so, what did u do?

I'm soo confused as I am thinking of maybe increasing my fruit portion to two a day rather than the one. Or shall I have two pasta/rice meals a week instead of one?

I would love to get some advice. Thank u all in advance.

Hiya,

yes this is not unusual, and I was 3lb down to at some point. It happened to me and others. I also switched to two pieces of fruit and was a bit more generous with the bread (80gr). I allowed myself 1 fruit yoghurt a day, even ones that were not WW or Muller lights... I relaxed around food and went back to tasting/sampling the food I cooked for others, etc. Just tiny conscious changes that took some of the strictness out.

It's a good idea to do this gradually and yes, do switch to phase two, maybe try the two carb meals for a week or two and see what happens. In my case Christmas arrived and then, with careful planning and sticking to my carb days and gala meals, some extras crept in too. Which meant I stopped losing.
WIth a bit of patience and experimentation you will figure out quite precisely what you can do to make the scales work in either direction. In my case that still applies now (I mean I KNOW), but at the moment I'm having a hard time making the scales move down again *blush* - too many social occasions / excuses. The one thing I can stick to is my PP day though...

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hi there Dukan-dieter,
I continued to loose weight also on the 3rd stage but only a few lbs. To be honest I am delighted as these are the few lbs I allow myself to fluctuate up and down. I can't see your stats so I don't know what your current weight is in relation to your height.
My OH lost 3 stone and his TW was to see him loosing under 2 stone. I think he looks fantastic but some people are surprised as his weight loss and think he has lost enough. It all depends on yourself, do you feel good.... If you are eating healthy (which you are on Dukan) and introducing the proper foods I think you should be OK and embrace the few extra lbs and it will even out. Your body will react in time and all will be 'revealed'.... Good Luck to you.

Buy some Dukan oat bran products and eat more than the recommended dosage.... It works!
Guaranteed.

Back