Want to try an experiment with me?

Cold shower number 3 just finished. I think I'm getting used to them now. Today's wasn't too bad. And I think it's probably saving me money too as I don't stay in half as long as usual. Is everyone else keeping it up?

Hi! Ok, I didn't have one yesterday, because I got home at 12.30am and went straight to bed!!! I did have a couple of minutes of cool shower at the end of my proper shower this morning, in all honesty I needed it to wake myself up!

We'll have to think of a Dukan recommendation for next week - I might go for the standing up one - i seem to manage that quite easily!

Think I'm gonna join you ladies, I've got 5lbs left to lose in 2 weeks before I go onto conso so I want to make sure I do everything I can to help, I've just been for a run so now is the ideal time for shower but this time it will be cold:D

I couldn't do it this morning. It was already freezing and I was so tired needed a hot shower. I'll have my cold shower before I go out tonight. As for next week, I can't really stand up much more than I do already as I work in a shop so I'm on my feet for 8 hours a day already. I was thinking about the ice cube one instead.

I eased myself in gently - started warm then switched to very cold at the end! Took shower head off and just did legs arms and face then slowly stomach - couldn't manage back and chest!!! Brrrr!

I did it! It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, felt quite invigorating but I had just been for a run so felt good to get cooled down. Will carry on and have a cold shower every day:)

I really can't believe I've kept this up. Last night I had hot shower to wash my hair etc, then turned it right down again. The worrying thing is that I'm actually getting used to it and it's not that bad now. I'm not sure if it's actually working for weightless though. When we try our next experiment we should continue with the cold showers. Every 100 calories burned helps.

Hello I had a cold shower this morning. I actually found it really refreshing! I like if and shall be doing it again... I think lol xx

Neonic, you are a superstar! Well done for keeping it up! I missed a day on Thursday but like you, I am getting used to it. Good habits we get into now will help us on Conso I think, especially when we have to start bringing the risky foods back into our diets.
I am going swimming later, so I will have a fair few cool showers - one after my workout before I get into the pool to rinse down, one after the pool to rinse off the chlorine before I go into the steam room, and one after the steam room. I will have my normal shower when I get home.
Cold Shower Club is on a roll!!!

CoCoMo said:
Neonic, you are a superstar! Well done for keeping it up! I missed a day on Thursday but like you, I am getting used to it. Good habits we get into now will help us on Conso I think, especially when we have to start bringing the risky foods back into our diets.
I am going swimming later, so I will have a fair few cool showers - one after my workout before I get into the pool to rinse down, one after the pool to rinse off the chlorine before I go into the steam room, and one after the steam room. I will have my normal shower when I get home.
Cold Shower Club is on a roll!!!

Three cold shower means 300 calories burned on top of what you burn off in the gym, pool and steam room. You'll prob burn off everything you eat today at that rate. Hmm, maybe I'll head to the gym today too. Haven't been in months. I'm 2 weeks in now so it's probably time I went back.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their cold showers :)

Is anyone still having cold showers?

Yesterday I turned it to cold before I got in and almost couldn't go through with it, but I managed it in the end. Today's shower started off hot as I wanted to wash my hair, then I turned it to cold for a couple of minutes to finish. I can't believe I've had a cold shower each day for 5 days. Never thought I'd stick at it.

Just came across this post. I think, I like the theory. Will be trying it today. Results will be posted soon. Oh, by the way, you said, 2 minutes a day is fine. How long before I see a result?

2 mins a day won't necessarily give you a visible "result" as such, it's just about boosting your calorie output to help stimulate weight loss and maintain a balance between what you burn and what you put in.
I have done it every day except Thursday and I have quite enjoyed it! :) Gym on Saturday was good, sweated off a few calories in the steam room too! Followed by a cool shower, must have burned a gazillion calories just by changing my body temp so much!

I tried this this morning. I know it's only my first day but thought I would start out as I mean to go on. Showered hot initially because I have to wash my hair and then gradually turned it down to cold. Not sure about 25 degrees though as I don't know what this feels like and I only have a jam making thermometer, not sure taking that in the shower is a good idea lol

I don't think it's 100 cals per shower is it? (My book's at home so can't check!)

But I've heard that cold water at the end of washing your hair makes it come up really shiny!

Just checked my book and he states it is 100 cals if you take a 2 minute shower at 25 degrees C. :eek:
I'm not doing this yet as I am losing about 2lbs a week so shall save this as a kick start for when I will, inevitably, stall. :)

Glad you're still doing it cocomo and welcome to the cold shower club Sharon. Had my shower at about 5.30am this morning so didn't manage a full 2 minutes of cold but I probably managed about a minute. It's not fun at that time in the morning.

Wow I'm so impressed with you guys! Good luck and WELL DONE!

Not sure i could ever manage that. I *have* had quite a few involuntary cold showers in the past, they usually give me a headache when I have to wash my hair :-( so the memory of that really really puts me off even trying it.

Dr D says it's most effective on your arms, legs, thighs, stomach etc. Not your head, that's just cruel!

Back