Wanting a spicy cous cous recipe

Barsi

Never really had cous cous before, but I bought a spicy chicken cous cous salad in asda earlier and it was lovely!!

Wanting to make my own now for lunches to have with salad and chicken, but have no idea what to do :gen147:

Cous cous i've had in the past i've always found a bit bland and lacking in flavour, so wanting something with some kick in it really!!

Thanks

You can pretty much add any flavour you want to cous cous! The key is to add plenty of flavours! Just think of cous cous as a blank canvas.. it will take on whatever flavours you add to it! If you dont add many it will remain bland! Start off with mixing a stock cube up... so either, veg, chicken, ham etc! Then add what ever seasonings you like! maybe add some chilli or paprika, any combination you like! you can tast the stock to see if taste is what you want! then pour over cous cous and let the flavours absorb along with the water :) once absorbed then you can add your chicken or other ingredients!

one of my favs is: I added garlic salt, chopped jalapenos (red ones) and fresh corriander and dash of lemon or lime juice to chicken stock, mixed together and let flavours absorb.... delish :) you could also then add chopped toms and cucumber if wanted when cold.... its fab stuff as long as u add flavour

another one I used a mushroom stock cube and added finely chopped red onion, diced mushrooms and a bit of garlic! when absorbed I added fresh chopped chives!

get experimenting sure you will find a favourite combination! :)

Hey! I love cous cous and it's free right?! Where can I buy plain cous cous to add my own flavours?! I normally shop in morrisons but can't see to find it! Or am I being thick?! Haha xxx

I make this one..............

Pete’s Moroccan Couscous Salad

Serves 2
2.5 Syn/each

Ingredients

100g couscous
½ tsp cinnamon
200mL boiling vegetable stock
10 pieces/56g ready to eat apricots, chopped finely
100g cucumber, chopped finely
2 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped finely
Zest of a lemon
1 celery stick, chopped finely
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped finely
1 spring onion, chopped finely
* Pre-cooked chicken
* Runny honey

* Optional extra’s

Method

Place the couscous in a large bowl and add the hot stock. Mix with a fork, cover with cling film and set aside for 5 mins.

Fluff up the couscous and add the other ingredients, add seasoning.
* Add chicken if you want.
Cover and put in the fridge to cool until required

If you remove the apricots you remove the Syns!

Attachments

• Chicken & Couscous (Large) (2).JPG
    Chicken & Couscous (Large) (2).JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 430
KDogg_ said:
Hey! I love cous cous and it's free right?! Where can I buy plain cous cous to add my own flavours?! I normally shop in morrisons but can't see to find it! Or am I being thick?! Haha xxx

It's with the pasta and rice normally. I know sainsburys/asda do plain cous cous. In tesco you do find it with the whole foods (dried pulses and stuff) :)
Hope this helps! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back