wanting

auntieknickers

How to you get over wanting food? I want chips, pasties, jam on toast, take away lol. I'm doing really well on ss and will not be eating any of these things but I'm dreading re eating and I'm scared that i will not be able to control myself any tips will be much appreciated thanks

How to you get over wanting food? I want chips, pasties, jam on toast, take away lol. I'm doing really well on ss and will not be eating any of these things but I'm dreading re eating and I'm scared that i will not be able to control myself any tips will be much appreciated thanks

Every single time that I have come off a vlcd, I have binged solidly for months on end and put back on the weight as I had spent months fantasising about all these foods.

The best advice I could give is that if you can do an atkins or low carb lifestyle change when you are finished the diet, than you won't fall victim to the carb demon. We are all human however so it's all about damage limitation!!

You are doing so well though so just think if you fall off the wagon , how quick the weight will come on . It goes on so much quicker than getting it off. I hope I can listen to my own advice, now, lol. I really hope I can stay on this as long as you have. x

I don't think its a matter of getting over wanting those foods just about controlling how often you have them :). Personally I think about them a lot and I enjoy them. So my plan is to keep a firm handle on how often I allow myself a treat like that and limit myself in that way after I have finished this and been through re-feeding.

I've been reading this book mindless eating and its very good.

Changing the way we think of food is the main thing. Reprogramming and knowing our triggers.

For me I know when I'm anxious I don't eat when I'm happy or content I tend to reach for comfort foods.

It's all about changing the way we think about food, that will come hun just stick with it

Xxx

Thanks all i think when i reach goal then my struggle will start

Take it slow and do a long refeed. I'm going to be refeeed a
Over 8-10 weeks then following judd pre op.

Don't worry just go.slow and research reversing, be positive, all helps xxx

The Dukan book has a lot to say about managing weight post structured eating plan. Worth having a look at as there is a great deal that can be applied to coming of a VLCD. I struggle with maintaining the losses after I stop a VLCD but am going to try and do things differently ... a la Dukan.

Maintaining after huge losses is certainly a challenge.

I think in many ways I've been lucky because I had such a huge amount of weight to lose. That meant that it took a long time. At the start I was horrified and very resistant to the idea that I would have to eat differently at the end. Part way through I accepted that I would need to but wasn't happy about it. By the time I reached goal I found that I WANTED to eat more healthily and that I actually didn't want to eat the things that I used to binge on! I'm still on my very slow refeed (taking a few months over it) so I may feel differently once I've upped my carbs and may get carb cravings again. I am intending on eating in a low GL way so will hopefully avoid the carb cravings... Only time will tell.

well i've worked out my 'wanting' its the totm :( and this time its realy bad, i think is because i had a week of plan i'm realy tempted it eat everything in the house, but ive been good and had some tuna instead lol ive warned the hubbie that tonight i'll have fishy breath tonight instead of ketosis breath, will make a change i surpose :rolleyes:

Back