Wardrobe (and soul!) cleansing.

lucylastic

Silver Member
Over the last couple of weeks, I have been bit-by-bit sorting out my wardrobes (I have many :D) and getting rid of all those size 20's that are already too big by giving to charity shops / friends / recycling.
I can't tell you how positive it feels to do this - previously when dieting, I've always held on to the bigger clothes, "just in case". This time round I feel so absolutely sure I won't ever need them again, and I love this feeling. Something really is working inside my head this time, and wow does it feel good!
(Oh, and of course it gives me STACKS of room for those size 12's I'm heading for!! :cool:)
I thoroughly recommend this - it makes you feel good for giving to others, and great for feeling so strong and positive in yourself. xx

snap! did this last week too and even bought a new wardrobe for my soon to be new small clothes. All includes a mirror which is something that has never been in the house as couldn't bear it before.

Well Done Lucy. I have been so meaning to do this. I was 18's when I started this time but I still have 20's from last time and that was 2007. :eek:

I'm still 16's now but tipping into 14's. I know what it all is though.

a) scared of letting go just in case. :rolleyes: (but I'm doing it right this time!!!:mad:)

b) knowing that I could alter some things and I hate to waste stuff, even if it does go to the charity shop.

c) I loath shopping. Clearing out means I will have to buy more and I really have to build up to it. All those people and even more choices makes me go cold.

d) I'm busy making good excuses not to tackle it all 'coz I find it daunting.

Maybe this weekend.......

:wave_cry:

Yup, a really great exercise for the mind to throw out all the clothes that are too big for you now! (and if you've got a lot of clothes, good exercise for the arms too :p )

I've done this 3 times nows, sadly the result is that I only have a choice of a few things to wear lol as I refuse to buy more clothes until I have pretty much finished RTM now so I'll know what I need clothing-size wise.

Still, a great feeling of 'casting off the old you' occurs when you chuck them rags out :D

c) I loath shopping. Clearing out means I will have to buy more and I really have to build up to it. All those people and even more choices makes me go cold.

:wave_cry:
Consider yourself incredibly lucky you live so far from Essex Foxtrot - or I'd be banging on your door and dragging you round the shops in a heartbeat! NOTHING (well, ok, very little!) beats the buzz of shopping for new clothes as far as I'm concerned - even if it's new clothes for someone else :D
(And of course I'd be nicking your size 16's while you weren't looking :D :D)

I've done this 3 times nows, sadly the result is that I only have a choice of a few things to wear lol as I refuse to buy more clothes until I have pretty much finished RTM now so I'll know what I need clothing-size wise.
Yep - that's the only problem, I've got about half a dozen outfits that fit right now!! I do have plenty that are still too small though, from all those "kid yourself you're a size 16, when really you're a 20" days :confused: :D Still - shouldn't be long before they're getting some wear now!

hi
i am getting rid of stuff on a daily basis it seems - got tons on ebay at the moment, i seem to spend my life in the post office!

its soooooo great - as you say on previous diets i never chucked anything as i 'knew' i would fail - hence my massive selection of 14/16/18/20 clothes

its all going now tho - only 14s left which i have already got rid of some of - 12s all the way from now on for me!!!

daisy
x

(flippin expensive tho!)

Bring on the size 12s! Well done to all of you - you have all done so well in your weight loss journeys. I too hope to be chucking out my size 20s soon! Loula x

I could knock on your door when I visit daughter in Suffolk Lucy..... EEK!

I will seriously get my head round it somewhen and soon! Hols in May so got to wear something.

it's a lovely feeling knowing that virtually everything in your wardrobe is too big but also starting to become a pain. i thought i could just wear my old stuff and it would look ok but was told this week that i'm starting to look a bit like a clown.

am seriously thinking of selling everything on ebay but it is a big job and am finding it hard to find the time.

daisy - have you got any tips from your experience. are you getting decent money for your clothes and are you selling everything including cheap t-shirts?

thanks

I have 2 wardrobes of clothes one with 18/20's and one with 12/14/16. Some of the 20's are too big but some of the 18's don't fit either. I feel a bit in limbo.

Me and my mum are planning on having a clothes party in the summer selling all our clothes to friends/family etc. Everything will be cheap so we will make some money to buy new clothes with. You never know it might prompt other people to do LL aswell. I'm looking forward to it.

Back