Wardrobe full of thin clothes?

keeleyn1987

Does anyone else have a wardrobe full of clothes that you've bought, are too small but you've kept for when you can fit into them?

I pull out certain items and think oh hopefully soon I'll fit into this....but I am determined to make this the year that will happen! This year I want to have nothing in my wardrobe that is too small.

Anyone else the same? Please say it isn't just me! :sigh::eek:

Completely the same only have a few that do fit but this year i too am gonna make that change :p

I'm glad its not just me! I've told myself that I will buy no more clothes as have more than enough that could fit if I just lose some weight! Thank god for shoes is all I say, at least they never let me down!! :p

Yes!! I'm busy buying stuff in 1-2 sizes down :) I buy stuff that is on sale or off eBay etc,my wardrobe ranges from 12-22 and am currently a large 14/16 :) xx

Actually I find i fluctuate in shoe sizes too when my weight goes up and down he he x

I've this too! often buy gorgeous and bargain clothes one or two sizes smaller if that is only sizes they have left, to slim into! I have recently been getting into a few of them at last and its a great feeling.

I've this too! often buy gorgeous and bargain clothes one or two sizes smaller if that is only sizes they have left, to slim into! I have recently been getting into a few of them at last and its a great feeling.

Inspiring

This is why I hang onto them, surely the feeling of fitting into something hanging in there for however long must be amazing! I've got a pair of size 10 jeans from when I was 14 and cannot wait to get into them.

LMD - I don't know what I would do if my feet changed size haha, I have the largest collection of shoes I know, its the only thing that truly makes me feel good, when I've lost all my weight, I'm going to treat myself to a pair of Christian Louboutin's!!! :D:D

Im bladdy annoyed with myself, I kept loads of clothes in a box for *years*, then the summer before last I figured I was never gonna fit into them again and gave the lot away :mad:

I am now raiding ebay for stuff as I cant afford to be buying new stuff that Ill grow out of again in a few months :( Im such a wazzock!

I throw out clothes when they get too big, if I save them I have a safety net which I don't really like so when my clothes are more snug than I'd like I try harder in the gym.

Although I do have my comfies that I will never et rid of

I have at least ten pairs of trousers I cannot fit into, so very soon i will be able to fit into them, or maybe they'll have to go!

Once i am swimming in my shirts I will chuck them, I have no money for more, so I'll just have to stay lighter won't I?

Totally... around 80% of my clothes are size 10-12s that I've not fitted into for roughly 3.5 years. Although I was brutal at one point last year when I was running out of wardrobe/drawer space and ruthlessly threw away all of the skinniest items. Shame as I remember having some lovely things. Oh well, I WILL be able to pick anything out of my wardrobe and slip it on by this summer.

I've bought a few items in sizes smaller, bit more motivation to lose weight!

Im bladdy annoyed with myself, I kept loads of clothes in a box for *years*, then the summer before last I figured I was never gonna fit into them again and gave the lot away :mad:

I am now raiding ebay for stuff as I cant afford to be buying new stuff that Ill grow out of again in a few months :( Im such a wazzock!

Me too. I gave a load of smaller clothes to a charity shop a few months ago. Then I joined slimming world in January and have lost just over 1.5st. They would have started fitting me now!

I just pick up the likes of track bottoms and t-shirts.. things that are cheap so I don't feel guilty getting rid of them as I grow out of them. I can't wait to go out and buy a whole wardrobe full of size tens!! Even a size 12 would be amazing to fit into. I've never, ever been in a size 10 or a 12... lowest size I remember fitting into was a 16 and I was a 13/14 year old then lol

Me! I had two large drawers, a suitcase and a 1/4 wardrobe rail of things when I started - I've only got half a drawer left now :D and I've been donating the things that are too big for me now as I go - it is very, very motivating to know exactly what will fit me (and if they don't it's because it's too big!)

I have bought a few things in the next size down that I am woring on getting into.

I don't really keep things from years ago, cos once I get into them they are not in fashionanymore and I don't like them. So I only have new things in a size smaller.

I also give away my clothes that are too big, then I don't have a safety net and I can't kid myself on I moved into a bigger size again and just didn't notice.

I only buy in a size smaller now and ive got rid of everything in the size above, so i have no option but to slim down lol or ill be spending summer in all my winter clothes.

I was able to fit into a bunch of dresses I had kept and didn't think I'd fit into again. It was a great feeling :)

But I also didn't try stuff on for so long that I missed wearing some dress up trousers and then when I needed to they were all way too big! So, if you're keeping clothes...make sure to try them on regularly :)

Totally. My wardrobe ranges from a size 10-24...... Have things that fitted years ago, and things I thought I'd slim into. Have promised myself that I am only going to buy things that fit me NOW. Having said that, I'll stick to places like Asda and Tesco, coz hopefully as I work my way back down the scale again, I won't be a certain size too long. Hence don't wanna spend a lotta cash. Totally empathise with the shoe size too. I'm a half size bigger than I was before my weight gain.

Back