Wardrobe full of thin clothes?

My issue is that I see something nice in a shop, think oooo I'll get that, buy it, get it home and lo and behold too small, so rather than do the normal thing and take it back, I think oh I'll keep it and hopefully fit into it, I'm still waiting 2 years down the line! I've got some really nice things, a sparkly top I got from America which I absolutely adore, which is far too small, I think my goal this year is to get into that for Christmas!!

I can't wait to start fitting into everything again, I think from now on, the things that get too big, I'm either going to sell on Ebay or chuck away, that way I'll have no option but to carry on losing weight (or bankrupt myself), I seriously hope my feet don't shrink when I've lost weight, as my shoe collection can't possibly be sold or chucked!!!! :D

Little Miss Determined said:
Actually I find i fluctuate in shoe sizes too when my weight goes up and down he he x

Oh I would really love to lose a few shoe sizes. I currently take a size 11 which is SO difficult.

I do! Well, I'm down to a large carrier bag full now, and I am pleased to say that I can wear some of them now!

The shocking thing is, that I've had them for years and years....a lot of them are from C&A's, and that shut down in 2000 :) All very plain and non-descript, so not the sort of things that either are in or out of fashion (thank god!).

I love the idea of buying smaller sizes, especially when they're on sale, I didn't think of that, and might have to go on a shopping spree now :)

Paula xx

I did the same as Erm, I threw all my smaller stuff away early last year when I was emptying much of my house to sell it, resigned to the fact I'd just always be a size 24 - 26. Started slimming world about 9 months later... so I have a wardrobe full of larger clothes!

There are a couple of exceptions, I bought a dress in the sale for a wedding, bought it before Xmas and I'm in it all over, just need to be able to zip up as the back of it has no give - but for £7 I had to have it. Also, I've been buying a few tops from TKMaxx no more than £10 a pop, but I figured I need to have some nice things as I lose weight, so buy things that I can get into now but realistically will fit when I've dropped a size or two. Oh and I have a pair of jeans, when my NL 22s were too big I bought some 20s and they were too small by a country mile (!) so they sit atop the wardrobe waiting for their big day!

Like Bubbs and Erm, I also threw away a whole load of smaller clothes a couple of years ago. I keep thinking "that top would have fit me now!". The only thing I've purposely bought that's too small is jeans - it's how I measure my inch loss! When I started I was a 26, and bought a pair of 22s in the sale - I would try them on every few weeks to see how much closer they were to fitting me. The week I tried them on and they fitted was so motivating! These are now my "regular jeans" so I think I might have a look in the Tesco sale tonight and buy a pair of size 18s.

Other than jeans, the only other too small things I have are a few tops and dresses that I didn't get rid of, and also a couple of things that I ordered thinking they might fit and they didn't. With those I'm of the "might as well keep them as they'll fit soon" mentality.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one, I think it's so easy to keep things thinking oh I'll fit into that one day. I really cannot wait for that day to finally be here. I keep trying to avoid buying new things now thinking even if I lose a small amount of weight, I'll have loads of nice clothes to fit into!

Now I just need to get there.......:D

Well Done Rachpid on getting into your 22's, such a good idea, I think I must have a pair of jeans in every size, just a shame that sizing is so inconsistent!! :D:D

Ah that would be me too!

Look at my signature! LOL

I have the opposite problem. My wardrobe is full of fat clothes! I'll need to buy new clothes whenever I get to size 22, cos I don't have anything smaller than a 24 in my wardrobe. I have loads of clothes that are too big for me now though :D I keep adding them to a pile that I'm either gonna eBay or use in my after photos lol ;)

Haha excellent!!! :D:D It seems to be quite a popular thing to do!

Oh I'd love that, I'd love to have a big shopping spree where I can treat myself to lots of new clothes and sell my current ones!! :D:D

I'm saving up for a big shopping spree and think I'm gonna follow everyones trick of buy clothes 1-2 sizes smaller.

It is depressing that most of my clothes are now too baggy on me, but I'm sorting them out and can't wait to give them to the local charity shop.

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I was last a size 12 about 10+ years ago and kept a couple of skirts and tops from then to "slim into" at some point. However when I got to a size 12 they didn't fit! My shape is so different from last time that those clothes just don't look right at all and don't fit at the waist or hips. (I blame the exercise myself!!)

Oh well - I've just had to buy new clothes instead. I'm waiting for summer as last year I'd reached a size 14, but now I'm getting into size 10, so not even my t-shirts will fit!!!

Taniau said:
I was able to fit into a bunch of dresses I had kept and didn't think I'd fit into again. It was a great feeling :)

But I also didn't try stuff on for so long that I missed wearing some dress up trousers and then when I needed to they were all way too big! So, if you're keeping clothes...make sure to try them on regularly :)

I've done exactly that!

i think ive been a bit too hasty today in wearing some of my "skinny-me jeans" to work! i was sooo excited that i could fit in to them, but ive had to undo them when im sat at work as its a bit uncomfortable! they were fine when i was stood in front of the mirror! :D oh well, back to the cupboard they go for a few weeks....

Some great tips, will definitely make sure that I regularly try things on to see if they will fit! Will be horrible if I completely bypass them and don't get to wear them!!

:D

I have done this with a few bits and bob.

I currently have a skirt and some shorts that are too small but if I lose a few pounds I am positive they will fit nicely!

I also buy clothes a little tight so I have room to shrink in to them. I love losing weight and buying smaller clothes but my bank balance isn't a fan. I have tried to be good and buy lots of things in the sales or just basic items from places like H&M!

Back