Warning ! back up those piccies !!

sazzy34

Gold Member
Was just posting on another thread about scrapbooking and remembered something that happened to our friend a couple of xmas`s ago..

Her brother got his laptop stolen from his house being broken into and all the pictures he had taken over the last 8 years or so were just stored on his laptop.
The most awful thing was all the pictures of his daughter were on there and she had been tragically killed in a car accident about 2 months before.

I`m not meaning to start a gloomy thread but how many people back them up ??
We always intended to but Now we do, and a spare disk hidden in the house ( just in case)

The fantastic news is that the police managed to find the laptop being advertised by a local guy on ebay, they made a ridiculous bid that guranteed them to win, went to collect it found it was his and arrested him.
Everything was still on the computer.

So please just be aware ..

I did this when the hard drive on my four month old laptop decided to give up the ghost!!

Fortunately I didn't lose any photos - only my tax return!

I have used a USB pen since then - for EVERYTHING!

A hard-drive is like a light-bulb, apparently, they can last 20 years or go in one day.

Glad your friends got their daughter's photos back - that would have been horrendous if they hadn't.

Good advice!

Hi Jules
Not on any scrapbooking sites, can you point me in the right direction. Please :D

Thanks Jules I will have a peek..
I only got the scrapbook from creative memories. It is really lovely though, as my friend is a consultant for them I sort of got roped in to buy it LOL

I originaly started making cards so I have an abundance of various stuff to use, I just wish I had lots more time, :D

Back