Warts 'n all ww diary

melarnz

Silver Member
I suppose this is my attempt at putting my head into some sort of order!

I lost 8 stone last year doing lighter Life and because I hadn't changed my eating habits, I have put back on 5 and half of that.

Over the past few months I have got married, been studying for a degree, work 30 hrs a week and look after my 2 beautiful girls if 5 and 2. I realise that in order to be healthy and feel good about myself it needs to come from my head and the inside.

I look back at pictures of myself only taken last year and can not believe I have allowed myself to get this big again. I have 8 stone to lose. It will be a long journey, but, whilst on that journey I am hoping I will learn new things, tips, coping strategies to be able to succeed this time.

My diary may be boring to sOme, fascinating to others; but the main reason I am doing this is because I need to feel healthy, and energetic again. So, starting off as a size 22, this will be my journey down to a size 12.

Ok. I have wiped the slate clean. I have updated my ticker and details, I guess I need to set some targets. I'm going to have a little think about them, as I want them to be achievable, but also want them to mean something. I'm going to try not to think of the past, and look to the future. Starting with having an early night!

My first weigh in is Wednesday, I'm not expecting it to be great, but I gave my shopping coming tomorrow, so I know imam now organised. I've done a few days on plan, and am getting to grips with it now, so me and my iPhone app are not going to be far apart over the next few weeks lol

Welcome to WW! I remember you from last year, you're very inspiring and great to read :) Look forward to seeing your brilliant losses! xxx

Hi Merlarnz, Welcome to Minimins and WW . You seem to have been on the diet rollercoaster like most of us here . I have really found Propoints excellent and coming on this site every day keeps me focussed and I can have a chat with people who understand . Putting up a food diary is a good idea too . I wish you all the best for your journey and hopefully we can support each other along the way . :D:D

Hi, welcome to Minimins, it's helped me loads, look forward to following your journey.
xxx

Thanks guys. Xx I'm actually looking forward to it. (wow karen, u have a good memory, and thank you!!)

is this day ever gonna end????

i was up most of last night as my 5yr old was up with a tempreture. i had to get up and go to work this morning. i was very good, had a shower, made my lunch and snack for the day and then dropped the kids off to my mums.

got half way to work and realised that my engine sounded a bit funny so pulled in at the petrol station and realised my car had no oil. put 2 litres it and then was late for work. boss was a turd and everyone else was grumpy, so spent most of my day having power naps in the toilet claming i had a bad tummy and TOTM problems (my boss is a bloke). came home, got kids, did dinner and done house work. tried to run the kids a bath but no hot water...THEN hubby comes and gives me a hug and a grab of the boob....it was like one of those films, on the outside i did a little laugh smaked his hand and walked off, but in my head punched the living crap out of him for being so inconsiderate to what a tough day i had. (however, as i am aware of how mentally unhinged i become when tired, i went with the little laugh instead).

im now cooking my dinner to get everyone in bed asap so i can have an early night myself.

.....oh crap, just remembered the tesco shop is supposed to be being delivered

melarnz said:
is this day ever gonna end????

i was up most of last night as my 5yr old was up with a tempreture. i had to get up and go to work this morning. i was very good, had a shower, made my lunch and snack for the day and then dropped the kids off to my mums.

got half way to work and realised that my engine sounded a bit funny so pulled in at the petrol station and realised my car had no oil. put 2 litres it and then was late for work. boss was a turd and everyone else was grumpy, so spent most of my day having power naps in the toilet claming i had a bad tummy and TOTM problems (my boss is a bloke). came home, got kids, did dinner and done house work. tried to run the kids a bath but no hot water...THEN hubby comes and gives me a hug and a grab of the boob....it was like one of those films, on the outside i did a little laugh smaked his hand and walked off, but in my head punched the living crap out of him for being so inconsiderate to what a tough day i had. (however, as i am aware of how mentally unhinged i become when tired, i went with the little laugh instead).

im now cooking my dinner to get everyone in bed asap so i can have an early night myself.

.....oh crap, just remembered the tesco shop is supposed to be being delivered

Omg that had so just made me spit my water out all over my hubby. Not about your rubbish day but about you punching the crap out of your hubby. Nothing makes me boil more than being groped when I'm really not in a good mood.
xxx

Me too !!! . Why do men think we would like that when we are rushing around like a headless chicken in the evenings ,gettin homework,dinners,housework done.. My fella thinks its real funny :whoopass:

Thanks for your kind comments lol n

I have been ridiculously rubbish this week, I think it's because I was not organised and used most of my weeklies too early. I used them Friday and saturday, then had some stuff come up that I was then stuck for.

So, my first weigh in is going to be interesting HOWEVER I have now learnt a valuable lesson, and have got to grips with the points thing, so week 2 should be a dream (she says with a big grin and fingers crossed)

I have a birthday treat on Monday, my dieter saboteur is taking me out to pizza express for dinner. I don't really want to use all my weeklies on it, so any suggestions that isn't salad (salad didn't make me 17stone lol) I would appreciate them

My weeklies start again today, so I feel like I have my safety net back again. Strange hey!

I'll let u know how I get on at my first weigh in later. I was late last week so missed all the meeting, so it will be nice to meet everyone and see what the leader is like.

Have a great day! X

I have just read kernow jo's diary. What an inspiration! I'm going to get myself a pedometer tonight at weigh in, i need a tape measure and gonna see how much one if these mini steppers are for the evening.

Get some excersise going together with the healthy food. That should increase my energy levels, I feel like an 80 yr old woman at the moment.

Is in the middle of a nervous breakdown!!

My 2 yr old came within about a foot of getting knocked over today. I was leaving my friends house and she went round the other side of the car (I thought she was safe because it is a non traffic cul de sac) however, she went all the way to the front of the car, and through a gap in the fence onto a main road. I ran after her but the gap was so small I could only just squeeze through, this all happened in a matter of seconds. I shouted at her to stop but she kept going, I screamed just as she put her foot on the main road, I think that shocked her into pausing and turning round, it was just enough time I needed to grab her.

Can't stop crying now. It was awful! I keep thinking back to what happened and what would have happened if I hadn't have been right behind her!

You are probably still in shock you poor thing . Thank god she is ok . Thats what kids can do to you:sigh:. I think a medicinal glass of wine might be a good idea this evening :D

I've just sat down to console myself with a bean toastie and burnt the begebies out of my boob!! Scolding hot beans!! That will teach me to be too impatient !

Thanks MW, I was in shock. I don't really drink tbh, but if I did, I think a bottle would have been in order.

I went to weigh in, lost 1lb. Not the greatest 1st week weigh in the world, but I wasn't the greatest dieter in the world. I guess u get out what u put in!

I have bought my Pedometer, so have every intention of getting up at 6am and going for a walk. My hubby looked at me funny and said 'u won't do that' ... So reverse phycology means that even if I have to get up and go and sleep in my car for half hour, I'm getting up and leaving the house at 6am lol

Here's to a new beginning xxx

Glad you have calmed down a little. Its a horrible thing to happen . The same thing happened to us when my daughter was around 8 (autistic) decided to open the back door facing out on a main street and run!!. My husband spotted her and took off after her . If a car had been coming quicker they could both have been killed. He ran instinctivly like you to catch her. Luckily the guy in the car had time to step on the brakes!!!!.

I remember that feeling to this day. But TG things were ok and life goes on. You just cant trust them though.. :eek:

Well done on the 1lb down . Its a start on the minus trail!!! . bet you will be more organised this week. I am just starting to walk now too . best of luck in the morning !!!

Well I did it! 6am out for a walk. I'm nearly at my earning stage now, so I think the plan will be to get to my earning stage before my day has really begun so I can be earning all day.

Time for a shower and to get the rest if the brood up.

(and thanks again mg. It's hard to get out of your head!)

Wow 6am now thats determination!!!!! . well done you . Will go for mine later ,have to take cat to the vet :eek: its a long story !!!!!

Well today I have been the perfect dieter!

I earned 3 activity points, ate all my points, drank plenty of water, cooked from scratch (everyone loved the ww cottage pie recipe) and washed up lol. I still have 2 of my activity points spare so I'm trying to decide on weather to spend them on ww choc bar, yoghurt and melon or have a few of my weeklies and go for porridge Mmmm.... Decisions.

One thing I do know, it that if I'm getting up again in the morning I'm going to bed soon lol

Its funny ,my hubbie always says the whole family always eats better when I am going to WW !!!.

Well done on your good day... you really have got in to the swing of it now.:D:D

Thank u so much for your support MW xx

I'm Hoping this new life will become habit, so its becomes 2nd nature. I did get up and go for my walk this morning, although I'm knackered now lol. I'm just catching up before I have to get the kids out in 15
Mins. (I start work at 8.30).

So, here's to another good dieting day (although i think I will try and cut back on the snacks a bit)

Back