Was anyone else flabbier after their regain?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Laura Croft, 13 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Healthy eating, was CD
    As I've written about, I regained all my weight after my first attempt on CD. I've lost it all again now BUT...

Last night I was looking at the measurements I'd taken at various weights. It seems I was an inch or two flabbier the second time around, even though my diet/exercise hadn't changed that much and my benchmark clothes took longer to feel right.

I had regained my weight at a fairly hefty speed - well started slowly and then kind of snowballed down a really steep slope.

So is it my imagination I was flabbier or could this be because of the theory/truth??? that we lose mostly fat but a bit of muscle on CD but if we regain the weight quickly, it's a higher fat to muscle percentage than before. I'd not really noticed before and now I am curious.

Any thoughts appreciated :D
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. nimi

nimi Full Member

cambridge diet
    yes i came of cd last year and within months gained the weight slowly im back to were i was before starting the diet
    to me it seems cd diet isd like a yoyo diet once you get of it it all comes back as it must slow down your metobolic rate down completely sas i was eating healthy wheni was of the cd diet???
    now back on it as usual
    im worried slightly that when i come of cd diet that all the weight loss will slowly creep up
    even thou i eat healthy
  4. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Healthy eating, was CD
    Hi Nimi,

Good luck with round two.

Just to clarify, I gained the weight because I binged my way up the scales. My question was just about whether people felt flabbier ie clothes were even tighter at respective weights than before.

I have not regained any weight this time around because I moved up the plans sensibly.

5. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    Hiya, nope can't say I've experienced this, and I've done CD a fair few times! Although I do go to the gym when I have the energy and I go quite a bit when not on CD, so although I may not be slim, I have good strong muscles underneath.

6. Aseyan

Aseyan Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge SS
    Hi All,

I've lost and regained a few times now on various diets but for me I always felt slimmer after the next regain. If I look at a picture of me in high school before I did my first substantial loss, I look much larger than I did recently at the same weight.

However regarding the regain after the diet, I don't think there is any effect on the your metabolism but keep in mind if you're doing a rapid weight loss program and not doing muscle tone, much of the initial weight gain isn't fat but rather your lean muscle mass rebuilding. Also, with a meal replacement diet, its more difficult to re-train the brain new ways to eat and for me at least, that was my biggest problem - going back into the old eating habits.

Best of luck :)
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.