Was Feeling great!!

Priceys

Hi,
Went out last week with my husband and friends was feeling great, i came downstairs after getting ready and both my mum and hubby said how nice I looked and that you could really see how much weight I have lost. Any way we went out didn't hit it off with one of his friends new girlfriends, she ignored me and flirted with my husband all night. I ignored it as they were all drinking and I put it down to that.
In the end the night got out of hand hubby and his mate/boss had a bit of a row and a brawl. Then the charming new girlfriend starting shouting at me, I stuck up for myself but what hurt the most is that she looked me up and down and said "look at you, look at the state of you no wonder he has affairs you will never make him happy"
I am 99.9% sure this is untrue as we are happy, he hasn't got time for affairs as we also work together, so we know where or what that other one is doing all the time, but why be so nasty.

I wanted to come home and hide away and stuff my face, I didn't beacuse I knew it would make me feel worse. I didn't make it to the LL meeting last week, it was the morning after all this so I txt LLC said couldnt make it and then phoned the her and explained why mid week. I even said on the phone that I had bought packs off a friend who couldn't stick to the plan.
I went to be weighed yesterday thinking all was well. Had a loss another 6.5lbs, was really happy with that, and then LLC got snotty and said well that is over 2 weeks and by rights you should have paid for last week.
Am I now being over sensitive or are people just nasty and hate seeing me with more confidence? I wouldnt care but I'm not overconfident in a cocky way I just dont hold my head low anymore

Oh hun, that woman sounds like a total and utter b!tch! It's always easy for egotistical cows like that to go for the weight comment as they know that's where it'll hurt most. What you need to remember is that you ARE doing something about your weight and you ARE achieving fantastically. Wouldn't you rather be a fwe pounds heavier than her, have a loving husband, and be making positive changes in your life rather than be flitting from relationship to relationship and having an aggressive, nasty and pathetic personality?

As for the LLC - I would hope that they would be more considerate than that. I guess some counsellors are really only in it for the money? Just let it roll of your back and don't worry about it.

And yes, people who knew the 'old' you may be jealous to see the 'new' you emerging - the happier, more confident woman you are becoming. Perhaps it shows their vulnerabilities and they are a tad jealous. Focus on YOUR goals - you are within reach of them now!

And maybe don't accept any more dinner dates from the boss and his nasty bird!!

Thanks Loula was starting to get paranoid and think it was me, and yes would rather be heavier and enjoy life with my husband just hurts when people say nasty comments we have been happy together for the last 10 years and have 2 amazing kids.

BL, I would love for us all to go and pay her a visit, but have heard today that nobody knows where she is, as she is in hiding after the boyfriend dumped her, now thats what I call Karma?

This women obviously jealous of you and your life, you did so well to resist not eating...that means your changing your habits. Keep going towards your goals. At least you know your a nice person now and when you are at your target, unlike the other woman. She may be slim but sounds nasty. As you say ... what goes around, comes around!!
By the way Blonde Logic....you look amazing.

:DPricey you did so well not to eat with that emotional stress - that is a real achievement.

As for that nasty piece of work I think there may have been a green eyed monster inside her - you started your thread by saying that you husband and mum said how nice you looked - she obviously saw that too and was jealous. She would also have realised that you are happily married with lovely children.

As for hubby it may be worth taking a little time to tell him how the flirting made you feel (and that has nothing to do with weight) and how the whole situation made you feel like eating. I am sure he had no idea he would be hurting your feelings so much and may even feel flattered that the wife he loves is jealous.

As for the LL consultant - what a nasty way to behave!

The little green eyed God

of jealousy rears it's ugly head. Good for you for keeping yours and your dignity by the sound of it. She is obviously the one with self-esteem problems.
Keep going. That's the best way to show them and your husband will be even more proud of you.

Back