Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

WastedInk's exercise diary

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Wasted Ink, 25 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Wasted Ink

Wasted Ink Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(19.16%)
    Diet:
    Heathly Eating/Calorie Counting
    Thought I'd start an exercise diary to track my progress. I've been exercising on an almost daily basis for almost a year now. :D Exercise, for me, has been such an intrinsic part of my weightloss - just as important, if not more, than my diet.

I aim to do six-seven hours of highly intense exercise a week and about three hours of moderate exercise (walking and other light exercises.) I know it sounds a lot, but I have been exercising for a while now. I try and exercise for an hour a day - split up into three 20 minute sessions. When I'm going at a very intense pace I tend to find that 20 mins is about the maximum I can do in one session.

I've decided I also need to finally get some resistance training in. I want to preserve my remaining muscle and build a little extra. I do resistance training now and again, but it needs to become a more regular thing for me so I will start to see some results and firm up those muscles.

Today was actually a bad day. I only got about 12 minutes of exercise done. But I shall do better in the rest of the week. I had a tired day today - hopefully tomorrow it'll be back to 1 hour a day. :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lind

Lind Is feeling the love!

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Biggest Looser
    Hi, I do a lot of training too, and like you I feel it is a more important part of my diet than the food.
    What sort of thing are you doing?
    I have come to a bit of a stand still with my training and was thinking about taking up running.
    Linda x

4. Wasted Ink

Wasted Ink Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(19.16%)
    Diet:
    Hi, I forgot I started this diary! :eek: I've been recording what I've done since May 1. Here are the kinds of things I'm doing:

Saturday May 1 - off

Sunday May 2 - 23 mins of aerobic step exercises (HR between 70-86% of MHR.)
    230 calories burnt.

Monday May 3 - 20 minutes step exercises.
    Between approximately 70-84 % of MHR
    Average 77%
    Burnt off 140 calories

Tuesday May 4 - Average: 80%
    Highest 88%
    Step exercises again (ooops getting repetitive.)

Feelings after exercise: Slight sickness, slight dizziness, need to collapse, exhaustion etc. Recovery rate (HR-wise) fairly good. Perceived exertion: 7-9.

Calories burnt: 210 calories

Wednesday:

40 minutes of steps (average 77% of MHR.) Highest: 83%.

Moderate walk - 25 minutes

Approximately 135 calories burnt
    Perceived exertion: 3

Thursday:

40 minutes of aerobic exercise (average of 77.5%) Running.
    Highest: 82.5 %
    Calories burnt: approximately 400 calories burnt

Friday:

Exercise: 60 minutes of aerobic (with intervals in anaerobic zone)
    (Average 82.5%)
    Highest: 85%
    650 calories burnt

Saturday

Exercise: 60 minutes of aerobic exercise with intervals in anaerobic zone (running.)
    Average: (80% of MHR)
    Highest: 85%
    650 calories burnt

As you can see, the last few days I've been doing a lot of running. I love it and would definitely recommend it. :)

5. Wasted Ink

Wasted Ink Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(19.16%)
    Diet:
    I did a combination of things today. Sunday is one of my two "moderate" exercise days. However, I did still work pretty hard and ended up doing closer to an intense workout than a moderate one, I think. :greenapple:

I did a combination of running, skipping and stairs today. A little like circuit training but without the weights. I kept chopping and changing - mixing things up.

I have switched up my exercise routine this week - trained hard and been very consistent so far. I've decided (for the first time) to not weigh myself during the week this week. Usually I weigh myself every day and just find the fluctuations too annoying and disheartening. I didn't weigh this morning, so one day down. :)

6. x_ali_x

x_ali_x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.1%)
    where is the data coming from? it looks impressive.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.