water challenge!

So today iv had 1.5 litres of water (3 500mls) 2 big glasses of water (350ml each) and 2cans of coke zero. One cup of green tea and one small cup of normal tea!
Gonna try and get rid of the coke tomoro! Xx

Between 2-3 lts done today; and a zumba class. I don't know if this is possible/strange/true; but since I've upped the water I've noticed that I sweat more when exercising; all my life ive been active (danced for 19years) and only used to 'glow' but ever since I went to a spa and the OH made me sit in sauna for allotted time ive been able to sweat freely... Even more so since upping the water!!! It's only when I exercise; I'm not just suddenly breaking into sweats!!!!
Has anyone else noticed such a diff? Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back on the challenge after having a migraine yesterday and being sick all day. Aiming for 2-2.5 Ltrs x

I had 2ltrs yesterday :D First time i've drank that much water in a long, long time. Aiming for at least the same today!

I'm new here and sorry if this is a stupid question!
Is the point of drinking more water that it
1) simply reduces your appetite so you eat less
2) reduces water retention so you weigh less, or
3) actually has a physical effect on the body that speeds up the losses?
It would be great to find out what everyone thinks......
Thanks

I think all of the above is probably the answer. Plus, in moderation it won't be a bad thing!

How's everyone doing today? Im into my second pint! Yippee!

Sent from Laura's iPhone using MiniMins

Am I odd in that the more I drink, the hungrier I feel? :confused: I can usually go from breakfast until lunchtime without feeling hungry at all - for these last few days with upping the water I have been starving after an hour.

dollydoodah said:
Am I odd in that the more I drink, the hungrier I feel? :confused: I can usually go from breakfast until lunchtime without feeling hungry at all - for these last few days with upping the water I have been starving after an hour.

I was actually just thinking the same thing! I'm with you on that one!!

Nearing 3ltrs today; weigh in later... Not feeling too hopeful tho :-( x

well done everyone... awww I feel so proud of you all lol
I've had 2 litres today plus 1 cup of tea.... feeling good but had a sneaky weigh in this morning... why oh why do I do it to myself! Haven't lost a single pound! Going to really try to resist the scales until Sunday morning!

Befanwi said:
I was actually just thinking the same thing! I'm with you on that one!!

I'm not feeling hungrier, but I am feeling thirsty! How weird is that?! I've been drinking more than ever before, yet driving home my mouth felt parched. Odd.

I havent posted last 2 days but have stuck with upping the fluids and lost 4lb this week so it definetely works or at least helps with losses heres to next week x karen.

yaay! im sure we can do it! I'm going to buy a litre bottle on my way to work and just use that to keep filling up from the water machine. heres to being hydrated and hopefully bigger losses! :)
Drinking more is a good idea, though I was talking (randomly)to a body builder today about dieting and drinking more water, and he told me to try and cut out salt altogether (as in salt that you add to your food), as having salt and then drinking all this water can mean that you weigh heavier as the salt makes your body retain water!
I know i'm always thinking to myself I need to cut down on the amount of salt I have as I know it's bad for your heart, but I didn't think about how it could effect my weight loss!
So i'm up for the water challenge but also cutting out the salt!:wave_cry:

Also, anyone got any ideas on how to spruce up the old boring water and make it a bit more pallatable?

1lb gain.

Devastated

Confused

Angry

But; so frigging motivated for rhe week ahead. If it don't come off next week I'm just going to leave it there! It's a joke!

Back