Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Water Consumption....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Daisy_Doo_Dah, 2 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Daisy_Doo_Dah

Daisy_Doo_Dah Boo!

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hello :D

Well this is week two for me. I didn't want to mention that I started last week because I am getting to be a serial non-starter but something is different this time and I have managed to get to week two with a 15lb loss last week (I was astonished!!!)

Anyway, on to my question! I am really, really struggling to get all the water down. It just doesnt cross my mind to have a drink and I don't seem thirsty at all. Do any of you have a routine for how you get the water down, like a set amount by a certain time? Any help would be glady received :D

Thank you and well done and good luck to everyone!! xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Personally i have no problems with water, but i told kitteh to make sure at least half pint every half hour.

Also, evertime you go for a wee, have a drink :)

Hope this helps hun xxx

4. LizDesigns

LizDesigns Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I tend to have 2 litres before I have my first shake between 11-12. I then usually slow it down in the afternoon and try to stop by about 8pm so i'm not on and off the toilet all night. :sick0019:

5. Daisy_Doo_Dah

Daisy_Doo_Dah Boo!

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thank you girls :D I think that I need to try and get more down in the morning as it seems to be the afternoons when I just don't think to go and have a drink! Thanks again :hug99:

6. trinakmh

trinakmh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I had real problems drinking water.....BEFORE i brought the water flavouring....Now its easy peasy.
    Good luck with week 2, Great loss btw x

7. Daisy_Doo_Dah

Daisy_Doo_Dah Boo!

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks Trina. I have got some of the orange flavouring but there is just something about it that I don't like. It kind of reminds me of the rehydration drink, Deoralite. Maybe I need to try it again and try different strengths or something as I think that this would help me get the water down. :)

8. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Anne-Marie

Diet:
    VLCD
    I don't have any problem with the water. I just keep glugging away all day - a bottle on my desk at work, in the car, next to my chair at home. Always plan fo rloo stops though ! The flavouring is nice too - I make a huge jug (2 litres) with ice and a teaspoon of orange flavouring - LOVELY!!!

9. Daisy_Doo_Dah

Daisy_Doo_Dah Boo!

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks Anne-Marie. I will try again with the flavours. It's funny because before I did this diet I thought that I drank loads of water, seemingly not :(

10. trinakmh

trinakmh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I hated the orange flavour daisy....Got the summer fruits one now.
    Like Anne marie i make a 2lt jug in the morning but only add 1/2 a tsp otherwise its far too strong for me x

11. hotstuff

hotstuff Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I know this will sound a bit anal but anyway here goes...... I kept a water diary every day for the first few weeks so I could tell how much I'm drinking and to ensure i drank all I was supposed to!

I do also have a timetable. 2 litres between starting work and morning tea break, 1 between than and lunch and another in the afternoon. Then if i drink any in the evening it is a bonus but i try to stop early evening as I don't like having to get up in the midlle of the night to wee!

12. Kimba_soontobeslim

Kimba_soontobeslim Full Member

I've never been a big fan of water and it was the thing that worried me the most about doing CD, but I try to have a pint with every 'meal' and then I have a short and fat 1 litre bottle with me all day that I top up every time it's empty. It doesn't look like a 1 litre bottle and I just sip it without even thinking and before you know it it's empty again..... I'm only on my first few days but haven't drunk under 5.5 pints a day so far, yesterday even had 7.5 which is amazing for me...... I know I'm only a newbee at this...but it's working for me so far........

Well done on your amazing first weeks loss!

13. Daisy_Doo_Dah

Daisy_Doo_Dah Boo!

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks again ladies! I have made orange water this afternoon and made it a little stronger and it tasted much better so that helped it go down! :) So far I have had 3l today, that's not too bad is it? xxx

14. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    no thats not bad at all :) anything over your minimum amount of 2.25litres is brillient

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.