Water flavouring, ok for kids??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Tubs, 11 September 2008 Social URL.

1. Tubs

Tubs Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    Silly question, but would there be any reason why the water flavouring wouldn't be ok for kids?

I got the berry one off my CDC because I hate drinking water, but it's lovely so I've been drinking 3ltrs of water each day since I got it :D

Now the kids(who hate water) want in on the act! They love it too and prefer it to their own juice :eek:

Is there any reason why they shouldn't have it?

Thanks

D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sim94

sim94 Cambridge Diet Counsellor

It is fine for kids.

4. missmf

missmf getting slimmer

Diet:
    cambridge, sole source. (trying!)
    dunno hun, but didnt want read and run!
    good question though, must be better for them than squash, or even flavoured water with all those flavouring and crap in them.
    hopefully some one knows!! xx

5. missmf

missmf getting slimmer

Diet:
    cambridge, sole source. (trying!)
    there you go!!!

6. Tubs

Tubs Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    That's great thanks! Even the little minx loves it and she hates all things food and drink related lol (she didn't get that from me :D).

7. Anisah

Anisah A pound at a time

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I've been wondering the same thing because my 2 year old daughter wants to have some, but she wants all the cambridge food I have.

8. Lesly Cambridge

Lesly Cambridge Cambridge Consultant

Diet:
    Guess?!
    My dentist also recommends it for anyone with braces on their teeth, because the malic acid isn't corrosive.

Also it's colour-free, so no manic kids!

9. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    my wee girl has a bit of all my cambridge stuff

shes fed by tube and doesnt eat much most days. i dont see the harm in her having a lil bit if she wants it ( talking a sip of shake or a spoonful of soup )

10. Tubs

Tubs Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    Brilliant, thanks for the info :D

I'm getting braces myself soon, so that's good to know! DS needs them so I said I'd get them with him(I need them too, it's as good a time as any :D ).

11. julesrush

julesrush Norwich CDC

ny kids drink it all the time , only thing have to watch out for it can cause laxitive effect if too much is drunk. Also i have to watch out as kids are always helping thmsleves to tetras and bars and if i make a mousse i come in to find little fingers have eaten most of it lol

julesrush
    cdc norwich

12. Lesly Cambridge

Lesly Cambridge Cambridge Consultant

Diet:
    Guess?!
    Just to be really clear, there is nothing in any of the products to cause harm (apart from the laxative effects!) and lots of goodness in the Diet, but a half-portion at a time is enough for a small child, with a total of one whole portion per day. Depends on the size and age of the kids.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.