Water/Fluid Challenge

I am going to up my intake of water this week and see if it makes a difference ;)

Well, I didnt drink it before I left work but I have now drunk 1.5L of water and 2 mugs of coffee. Will try for 2 L tomorrow.

I've drank my 2L of water today and my god it makes you need the toilet every 5 minutes! It's okay at first but once you break the seal...

Finally found some Sugarfree Evian so picked that up - I think it's free? xxx

Finally found some Sugarfree Evian so picked that up - I think it's free? xxx

Should be if it's sugar free!

I think I'm going to try and up my water intake, I'm really bad for drinking. Tomorrow might not be so good as I'm flat hunting, but I will give it a try!

I managed just over 1.5l today - not including some of the milk from my allowance for Weetabix this morning (lol)

Yep, 4-5 litres. I have a litre for breakfast (it's only three tall glasses), then keep a 1l bottle (a pretty average size Volvic sports cap bottle) on my desk at work. I'll drink 2-3 bottles' worth at work (Today for instance, I started work at 8.15 and it's now 9.05 and I've drunk half a bottle so far). Then a glass when I get home and relax for a bit, a glass when I'm cooking, a glass with my meal - there's another litre right there!! I tend to only drink a glass or two after dinner or my granny bladder gets me up in the night!! ;)

It's easily done but I admit I do drink less on a weekend as there isn't the prompt of a bottle sat next to me all the time like there is at work. I'm sure it's still 3-4 litres though!

I don't enjoy tea, coffee, fruit juice, fizzy drinks etc. as much as water which might help :)

I find my skin is rarely as dry as it used to be (I used to work as a teacher and never had 20 seconds to take a sip of water - was definitely not the career option for me but that's another story!) and while I've never suffered too much from spots I did get dry skin on my hands and face and my face never gets dry now. I think it also helps, *ahem* keep me regular.....and if it is helping me lose weight too that's got to be a bonus :)

If you are happy drinking that amount of water, then fine, but it is twice as much as the recommended amount. It does seem an awful lot to me.

I have been doing this for 2 days now and am averaging about 3l per day. I have no idea whether it will impact on my losses or not, I get quite good losses anyway, but next week, because I am a masochist, I am going to do scanbran, fish, AND water and see what happens!!!

2 litres I believe is the recommended minimum an adult should be drinking each day, in the same way that 5 portions of fruit and veg is a minimum, keeping the bar low to make people feel healthy living is more achieveable :)
According to this, my body needs 3 litres - as with food, a heavier individual will require more daily sustainance:

Hydration calculator | WaterAid

I know there is a lot of conflicting information out there about this but the only way you can drink too much water is by drinking large quantities in a small space of time, especially if the body is very dehydrated beforehand.

Back