Water?? How much??

liannaP

Desires to be slim....
Hiya All,

Im sure someone has asked this question somewhere along the way but i cant find any responses to this one!!

How much water are you all drinking on average a day? (NOT including the water in your shakes/soup).

My Chemist told me around 3/4 litres per day but my friend (who has done this & is on re-feed) told me her Chemist told her that 2litres is fine!!!

Another laady at work is telling me that you need at least 5 litres a day to see true results too!!!:argh:

Im so confused!!!!!!!:confused:

I know some of you are probably gonna tell me that its up to the individual but i would like to get some idea on what everyone else is managing!!

Thanks in Advance!

Starting Weight - 14.1
Week One - 13.6 (-9lbs)
Week Two - (Tomorrow!!!!)

My chemist said 2.5litres and i'm sure that's what it said on the Liptotrim website. However having done LL i know you need to drink a hell of a lot more to aviod constipation. I'll be aiming for 4 litres a day.

i put a 5 litre bottle in the fridge and TRY to drink it in a day, was told the more you drink the more you lose that helps me :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:

:)sorry forgot to say no constipation no headaches and no hunger so i think it helps to drink as much as you can . my skin and hair are in much better condition

I sent an email to Lipotrim as there is always so much debate about how much water we should drink... and below this is their reply:eek::rolleyes:

Be careful. There is some dangerous nonsense in the chat rooms. Usually 3 litres is fine, but not more than 4
----- Original Message -----​
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 11:50 AM​
Subject: Question How Much Water?​

I have a question concerning how much water is recommended while on the Lipotrim Pharmacy Programme.

The minimum is 4 pints (2.5 litres) and how much more water would it be safe to take on top of this.

Thanking you

Can you drink too much water? I'm probably drinking about 3 ltrs at a push, and I struggle with that. I spend half my day in and out the loo!

You can drink too much water. It can lead to a dangerous condition called Water Intoxication or hyponatremia. According to the website About.com:
"When too much water enters the body's cells, the tissues swell with the excess fluid. Your cells maintain a specific concentration gradient, so excess water outside the cells (the serum) draws sodium from within the cells out into the serum in an attempt to re-establish the necessary concentration. As more water accumulates, the serum sodium concentration drops -- a condition known as hyponatremia. The other way cells try to regain the electrolyte balance is for water outside the cells to rush into the cells via osmosis. The movement of water across a semipermeable membrane from higher to lower concentration is called osmosis. Although electrolytes are more concentrated inside the cells than outside, the water outside the cells is 'more concentrated' or 'less dilute' since it contains fewer electrolytes. Both electrolytes and water move across the cell membrane in an effort to balance concentration. Theoretically, cells could swell to the point of bursting. "

I can't say i've heard of many cases but i do know it has been the cause of death in some extasy related cases. In particular one young women who was advised to keep hydrated whilst taking the drug to aviod side effects. She consumed nearly 5 litres in less than 2 hours and it caused it her death.

See what ya saying but its funny how extasy had nothing to do with it:rolleyes:

Im drinking 6 litres a day now thats not including about 5 cups of tea and 5 coffees, or my shakes witch make two pints!
Is it to much?

same as the above x

I have worked in NHS Direct and had a case of someone who had drank too much water, do think on a particular eating plan and who was quite ill and needed urgent attention.Best to stick to 4 ltrs tops as advised by LT.

You are not supposed to have more then 6lts. I just googled it and although I cannot find the exact amount I came across a site that speaks about a women dying from having too much. The reason they said was:

1. Ingesting more water than you need can increase your total blood volume. And since your blood volume exists within a closed system - your blood circulatory system - needlessly increasing your blood volume on a regular basis puts unnecessary burden on your heart and blood vessels.
  2. Your kidneys must work overtime to filter excess water out of your blood circulatory system. Your kidneys are not the equivalent of a pair of plumbing pipes whereby the more water you flush through your kidneys, the cleaner they become; rather, the filtration system that exists in your kidneys is composed in part by a series of specialized capillary beds called glomeruli. Your glomeruli can get damaged by unnecessary wear and tear over time, and drowning your system with large amounts of water is one of many potential causes of said damage.
Just be sensible guys. 4 litres is more then enough.

Blimey, so too much is quite serious, although I dont think I'm in any danger of going over that.
I think I might calculate mine actually, because I've been hazzarding a guess till now with the peppermint teas. I know I get through one 2 ltr bottle of fizzy water, and just start the next, ... so I must get measuring the tea's!
Thanks for all the low downs on it guys :)

OH crap.. i had no idea!!!
I dont do it onporpose, my mouth is constantly dry its horrible!

I bet with all that hot air coming out ;-p xx

Huh dont get ya:confused:

another term for never stop talking :p x

Oh blonde moment :doh:
You think i talk too much lol ya should see me in person im shockin, id talk to a snail!

Back