Water Intake - amount!!!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Minnie64, 4 October 2007 Social URL.

1. Minnie64

Minnie64 Think thin

Start Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi there
    Is anyone concerned they may be actually drinking more water than is recommended? I understand the recommended daily allowance is around 2.2litres. As you know we are told to drink at least 4 litres and are actively encouraged to drink 5/6 or more!
    What are your thoughts?
    xxxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Just Do It

Just Do It Full Member

Current Weight:
    13st3.0lb
    Hi Minnie my first LLC said that the maximum should be 10litres a day. (But I have doubted a few of the answers she gave us)
    I did a bit of reading about it and it seemed to me that spacing it out during the day is the best thing to do, there was only a danger if you drank a lot all in one go. I seem to remember the article said 1.8 litres in 5 minutes wasn't healthy.

4. Daisydee

Daisydee FAT CELLS HAVE MEMORY!!!

I normally try to get 5 litres a day down excluding tea/coffee.

Daisydee x:)

5. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    On a vlcd you need to drink at least 4 pints (2.28 litres) in addiction to the water used to mix your formula which is 8 fluid ounces (just less than half a pint for each one)

The reason for this is that while on a vlcd you will not be getting adequate amount of water unless you purposefully drink it as the foods we normally eat are made up of large amounts of water. If you don't drink enough water it can lead to constipation.

Drinking should be frequent throughout the day, not all at once.

Drinking in excess of 6 litres has no added benefit to weight loss and I think 10 litres is very extreme. I know of a few people who have drank a lot of water and ended up feeling unwell.

I think you have to find yourself the level you feel most comfortable at. I find I am comfortable around 31/2 to 4 litres and if exercising or it is a hot day perhaps a little more.

6. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Here is a very good post that Icemoose has done on the subject that you might find very helpful.

Here's the link to the original

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/19842-why-drink-water-vlcd.html

7. Minnie64

Minnie64 Think thin

Start Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks for that mini. I was told I HAD to drink at minimum of 4 litres per day on LL no matter what! I should try and get 5-6 down

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.