WATER INTAKE

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by fight_the_urge, 24 June 2009 Social URL.

1. fight_the_urge

fight_the_urge Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.01%)
    Diet:
    Xenical & lifestyle change
    I'm really trying to drink loads (& bloody peeing loads too :mad:) but our water machine in work tastes a bit strange to me (dunno why), so do you think it would be ok to put some sugar free diluted juice in it to flavour it. I prefer that weak so would just be a splash?

Cheers, Kaz :flowers:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    I just cannot force myself to drink water, I always have sugar free squash - I have to force that down too if I`m honest and prob not drinking nearly enough but I`m just not a big drinker.

Squash will be fine xxXxxx

4. fight_the_urge

fight_the_urge Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.01%)
    Diet:
    Xenical & lifestyle change
    No not a big drinker myself, I always seem to forget. Well apart from when it comes to alcohol LOL

Think i'll get a bottle of squash later then! cheers

5. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Haha I have to admit acl isn`t a problem for me either ;) :rolleyes::p

Xxx

6. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    ** ALC - Promise i`m not drunk already :rolleyes::ashamed0005:

7. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st11lb(54.91%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    heyyy you , i suggest squash it better then not drinking at all , i drink just water but i buy the big 2 litre bottles =] how much you drinking?

8. *jenjen*

*jenjen* I will do this...

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(15.48%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I'm not a big fan of drinking water but I find that if I refill a bottle of water at home and freeze it, when I take it work the next day it stays cooler while the ice melts - its good and it makes me drink it. You can get 1 calorie juice to add to water too - tastes quite nice. Is fizzy plain water more appealing to you? I find thats more easier to drink.

9. traceyjayne

traceyjayne Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Low fat Healthy Eating
    please can someone enlighten me,why have we got too drink so much water? Does it help with weight loss? x

10. *jenjen*

*jenjen* I will do this...

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(15.48%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    In short - yeah. I never understood why until the doc explained why water was important - hopefully the good explanation (well good because I understood it!) helps you to!

Firstly, sometimes we don't recognise that our body wants fluid not food and water is the best to hydrate you - its the best moisturiser ever!lol

Now this is the bit that I found interesting - you should drink a big glass of water every time you eat because your stomach is like a garbage disposal. If you put food down a garbage disposal without turning the water tap on, it wouldn't work properly, it would grind and find it difficult to break down. Your stomach is like this - if you drink a big glass of water - you are going to digest your food better.

It made me drink more water anyway!lol

Plus - my skin is amazing since I did and once you get used to it, you don't pee as much and I start to want to drink more water.

Anytime I struggled to loose weight on my previous weightlosses (yoyo dieter here!), if I increased my water consumption (and making sure I was sticking to the plan) I would start loosing again.

Does that help? Hope so! xxx

11. kazisindahouse

kazisindahouse Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Am not very good at the technical ways of putting things, (see my other threads for the evidence... teehee) but I have a problem with my lymphatic drainage system which is what I believe is what basically flushes all of the toxins out of your body by circulating it round your system till you 'finally' expel it if you get my drift.
    Well I has some lymphtic draining massage done on my body to try and help and the therapist said that I should drink as much water as possible. Not only was it good for my complexion etc but it helped to shift the crap quicker .... teehee!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.