Water Intake

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by pete10141748, 27 October 2008 Social URL.

1. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    I've put this here but I think the question can apply to those on CD/LT as well.

So I know we are supposed to have 4 litres of water a day (right? I was told 8 pints?)

how do you space it out? do you plan it i.e. half a pint every hour or so, or do you just drink it as and when and find it's enough?

the reason I ask is that today (my first day) I found it hard to drink THAT much water as well as the 4 packs - between 6am and now (almost 8pm) I've only managed 3 litres, got to drink another 1 in the next hour or so before I start falling asleep.

does it get easier to drink that amount?
    or is each day a case of "right, gotta get on a drink it", as there's no way I feel thirsty enough at all to warrant drinking that much natually.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bekimo

bekimo Fighting Demons....

Diet:
    Cambridge
    My LLC keeps repeating "little and often" and "to thirst". I personally am still working on getting the water intake right!

I think it's very much a trial and error thing.

B x

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Cambridge minimum water is just 4 pints, I thought LL had changed theirs to something similar:confused:

Don't LL say something like drink what feels comfortable, rather than give an amount?

Thought they did. Confused now (which is quite easy these days :D)

5. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    well both my LLC and the Handbook say 8pints/4 litres (cant remember which is says), and 2 friends of the family (my "aunt" and "uncle") who are now in the maintenance stage say they were drinking upward of 12 pints a day each, which to me is just :eek:

then again, for the time my "uncle" was doing it, he lost 6lbs a week, steadily, and lost his 3stone in only half the alloted time!

so maybe there is something to it!

6. *Tia*

*Tia* Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    u only have to drink 1.5-2 litres a day

7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Is it an up to date book? I know CD is 4 pints, and LL was 4 Litres, but I thought I'd seen a message on here about how it had changed.

Will look for the message in a mo, but I've just looked on the LL site, and it says about drinking enough to be comfortable:confused:

8. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    hmm, well, I think I'll try and keep up the 4litres a day, at least until Friday's meeting, when I can ask the other guys what they do.

I'm sure I can drink a lot more while I'm at work, I just sorta got forgetful about it today, I was so preoccupied with when to make my shakes, soups, etc. I overlooked the water a lot.

9. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Oooh. All wrote together there and I was slowest:eek::D

10. Lana

Lana Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife Total
    I keep 4 x 1 ltr bottles filled with tap water in the fridge. I drink one before I leave for work, take two to work and have them on my desk and drink regularly then the last one I have when i get home.

I cant drink it out of a glass for some strange reason but if I have it in bottles, I manage just fine. I make sure I have 4 ltrs sometimes 5 per day.

11. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Try and have the 4 litres

Hi Pete,
    Hope your 1st day went well. LL have reduced the recommended amount of water. When I started in eb it was 4 litres as well as the soups/shakes. Now it's reduced and to include the soups/shakes.
    However, when I did reduce the water the weight loss slowed down considerably.
    I always drink the full amount every day. You get used to it and it soon becomes habit.
    The water flavourings help too.
    Good luck.

12. bekimo

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh and dont forget, when you first start increasing the water intake you will be spending approximately 97% of your time going to the bathroom!!

But this will get better. Just grin and bear it honey!

B x

13. Minxy Mummy

Minxy Mummy Going, going, ........

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    The more water you drink, the more you will lose - I truly believe this. My Mum did LL and drank 10 - 12 pints a day and lost 5 - 6lbs a week. I have done 10 pints a day for my first week and I have lost 15lb! I space mine out using time, 1st one at 7am, then 9am, then 11, then 12, then 1, then 3, then 5, then 7, then 8, then 9. If i drink past 9pm I have to get up in the night for a pee!! :rolleyes:

14. bekimo

Diet:
    Cambridge
    That's the logic I am trying to go with this week MM. To lose more weight, need to drink more water. It's about killing me. No matter how hard I try, can't get used to it! But I shall not give in. Oh no, I will not be beaten by water! I'm about 1 litre into the day. I have another litre on my desk.

Joy!

B x

15. emzski

emzski Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.49%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I agree the more you drink the more you lose, the first week I lost 6lbs and stuck to the 4 liters the week 2 & 3 I still had good loses but I wasnt drinking the much. However this week I drunk the 4lts again and I lost 5lbs. I think you should try to get 4 in!

16. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    CD
    I really do think the water is the critical success factor on these diets.

Last week, I stuck to plan (I'm on W8 - same sort of thing), but didn't drink very much water at all - and lost just 1lb this week.

Other than the water, there was not much difference in what packs I had and when I ate them - and the week before I lost 4lbs.

We have to have to have between 3 and 4 litres a day. I tend to stick with 4. I have my first litre before 11am, the next before 2pm, the next before 5pm and the last by 8pm.

Might try and increase to 5 litres see what happens to weight loss. :D

You do get used to it - but its the needing to be near a loo at all times that's the biggest issue.

LRO xx

17. Minxy Mummy

Minxy Mummy Going, going, ........

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    The hardest thing is the fact that once you get the feeling of needing a wee - YOU HAVE TO GET TO A TOILET!! There is no holding it! It reminds me of when I was in the late stages of preganancy! :D:D:D

18. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    So true...................

Why is it that on LL when a girl's got to go - a girl's got to go?
    Suddenly........how come?
    I've discovered loads of loos IMnever knew existed before LL!!

19. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    The same happens to me now as well, once I need to go, I GOTTA GO!
    No holding it - I wonder why?

Maybe your body knows that there is still a load more water being "processed" and is simply HAS to make room for it?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.