water query

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by irisheyes, 20 September 2007 Social URL.

1. irisheyes

irisheyes Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Does anyone know if water is better taken cold or lukewarm? I read on another forum that drinking water from the fridge as I have been doing slows the metabolism.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ninababes

ninababes Gold Member

Hmmm i wouldnt have thought it made any difference to be honest...just tastes nicer cold

4. irisheyes

irisheyes Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    I thought that drinking it cold sped up the metabolism because the body has to heat up the water until someone said the opposite!

5. Debz

Debz Cambridge Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    You see logically I would have agreed with you on that. But that's just my assumption. I don't actually know. Interesting thought though.

6. ninababes

ninababes Gold Member

i cant see it affecting things in the long run if that's what u usually do then the results you see will counter act that but i could be wrong lol

7. Debz

Debz Cambridge Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think even if it was true, the effect of it is going to be so small compared to the effect of ketosis, that you probably just wouldn't notice any difference. Just my opinion though.

8. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Ice Moose did a thread on the effects of cold water, but sorry, no idea where it is. I am pretty sure he said yr body uses more calories on ice cold water than room temp, and that cant be bad!!

Hopefully someone who knows will be along soon!

9. Dub07

Dub07 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(13.84%)
    Diet:
    Dukan - Cruise
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.