Water Retention/Bloating..... TMI i know

natti_a

I've done SW before with good success, but this time - 10 days in - I am so bloated. Uncomfortably so. I have been having either egg on toast (HEXB) or cereal (HEXB) with frozen fruit for breakfast, salad/fruit salad for lunch and then a simple dinner (meat with veg). I've been eating 10-15 syns per day, bar one 'bad' day where I went out for afternoon tea.

I have seen on the search thread that a number of people do get bloating initially when starting SW. Its very frustrating as my clothes feel more uncomfortable than they did when I started this.

Is it that I'm eating too much fruit? My veg portions are either lunch or dinner, and in the fruit salad its 70% superfree, 30% free. I've also upped my water intake to try and help in the past 4 days but still no relief!

Any recommendations? :confused:

I had this, and sorry if it's TMI but found it very difficult to 'go' for almost a week! Ended up taking a dulcolax to help get things moving. Not the ideal solution but worth thinking about if like me you've tried everything else and are still bloated!

Green tea really helps me with bloating, maybe try that? It's also good for weight loss too :)

I remember this feeling well when I first started sw, I think its a case of making sure your fluids are up and try things like peppermint tea (or you can buy peppermint oil capsules in Holland & Barratt- simply take with food) to aid digestion.
Its often a pretty sharp shock to the system but things usually right themselves in a couple of weeks.
Could you try changing up your hexb? Maybe use it for nuts/olive oil or tinned soup? Or try different cereal/oats to see if that helps?
This said, if the problem persists I'd speak with a pharmacist- as someone with IBS, i know it can get pretty sore x

I drink quite a lot of peppermint tea which seems to do the trick. It's great for digestion.

eww I don't like the sound of liquorice tea lol :)

Yuk :spit:

I've heard green tea also helps with bloating and digestion but I haven't tried it

Thanks all!

Will drink up some peppermint tea I think, not the biggest green tea fan. :) Fingers crossed it works soon!

peppermint tea is lovely, I used to drink it even before SW.

Might have to try some green tea and spearmint now, thanks Rosiepops :)

I drink peppermint tea every morning to try and help (with sweetner) x

Since getting pregnant I've been drinking green tea.. I get bloated so easily after every meal now and get horrible heart burn and it really helps :) x

The lipton peppermint tea is great! its so tasty.

Back