Water retention....Could it be caffine??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Prettyfacebut?, 25 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Prettyfacebut?

Prettyfacebut? ...body-has-caught-up!!!!

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(34.47%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi All,

My weight loss (I think) is not as fast as I thought it would be, well for Feb anyway.
    I was 100% CD last week, back at the gym, upped the water and activity...but still only 3lbs.:(
    I am retaining water and it's not TOTM....could it be caffine causing the water retention, I am drinking about 3 cups of mint tea, 4 cups of normal tea on top of my 5ltrs a day.....?
    X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Prettyfacebut?

Prettyfacebut? ...body-has-caught-up!!!!

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(34.47%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Edit...Stop being a misshog!!!!

Water retention....Could it be caffine??
    Gave myself some tough love...here's how it went...
    "Boo-hoo only 3lbs I worked so hard"
    "Hang on a minute...3lbs off is better than last week and the week before!"
    "And another thing...thats 2 and 1/2 stones in 2 months!!!
    "Get a grip woman...that's more than you've ever lost before in 2 months"
    "Stop comparing yourself with everyone else and get on with it!!!"
    "YEAH....3lbs off....you rock!!!"
    :D:D:D:D:D
    XXXX

Hi All,

My weight loss (I think) is not as fast as I thought it would be, well for Feb anyway.
    I was 100% CD last week, back at the gym, upped the water and activity...but still only 3lbs.:(
    I am retaining water and it's not TOTM....could it be caffine causing the water retention, I am drinking about 3 cups of mint tea, 4 cups of normal tea on top of my 5ltrs a day.....?
    X

[​IMG]

Start of prep 31/12/07 - 293lbs
    1st CDC meeting 7/01/08 :D(-10) - 283lbs
    1st weigh in 14/01/08 :)(-6) - 277lbs
    2nd weigh in 21/01/08 :)(-4) - 273lbs
    3rd weigh in 28/01/08 :)(-4) - 269lbs
    4th weigh in 4/02/08 :)(-5) - 264lbs
    5th weigh in 11/02/08 :sigh:(-1) - 263lbs(TOTM)
    6th weigh in 18/02/08 :sick:(-2) - 261
    7th weigh in 25/02/08 :confused: (-3) - 258

4. Mrs B

Mrs B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st1.7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1.1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.6lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    3lbs in a week is fantastic. If you go to a slimming club they tell you to expect 1 1/2- 2lbs a week. You've lost 50 - 100% more than that.

By all means try cutting down on the caffeine if you think it will help, though.

Good luck!

Oh, and you do rock!

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

what makes you think you are retaining water? 3lbs a week is what you would expect to lose on average .... and it is more than you have lost in the previous two weeks. From your signature, it looks like you were unwell last week - that will have an effect, probably, as your body will do what it needs to in order to recover.

why oh why do we put so much emphasis on the scales but if you are going to look at the scales, look at it over a period of time not just over a week. You have lost 2.5 stone in 7 weeks. That is fab!!!

Re. the caffeine possibly making you retain water. If you think it may be having that effect and you want to have every chance possible of losing as much as you can each week, then just cut out caffeinated drinks.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.