Water retention on Airline flights??

sugarpuffjane

Goodbye, to the fat lady
I have heard that it is possible to retain water in your body after a plane flight? I have just returned from holiday and found a gain of 8 LB !!! One week on and I have lost this gain!! I know I am back on track but thats ridiculous!!

I always bloat on any kind of journey - plane train or automobile! It may also be that the kind of food you ate on holiday made you retain water too - I find this with food that is higher in fat or salt than my usual diet. Well done on getting back on plan, which must have contributed to the loss, though.

Depends on whether you were on plan or not. I gained 9.5lb in two weeks in Florida. I lost 6.5lb in the first week back.

I too thought of blaming water retention, but I think the milk shakes, pizza, ribs, creamy mountains of mash, cheeseburgers, fries, waffles, bagels, cream cheese, ice cream etc. were their own downfall. Though to be fair, they probably contained a fair bit of water:eek:

Regardless, I was back on target in two weeks:cool:

I'm long haul cabin crew so I get this every week!!! Obviously if you've eaten loads on your holiday that's not going to help! But the pressure on an aircraft really affects your body....everything expands!! I always look/weigh/feel a lot bigger after a flight but usually by the next day it goes down. I landed from a 12 hr flight yesterday am and weighed in, lost 2lbs this morning when I weighed in again - this happens regularly!

Back