Water Retention

Kes

Gold Member
Does anyone take any over the counter tablets or recomends anything for water....

i fear that is my problem at the moment and wanted to try something (even if it doesnt work)

so any suggestions would be appreciated.

hi, usually around my time of the month i get dreadful water retention. i've spoken to my doctor about it and was tested for diabetes etc, which thankfully it wasn't. i was given a water tablet from the doctor, and sometimes after taking one, can be upto 4lbs lighter.
if you think this is a problem, while over the counter medicine might help, it might be worthwhile checking with your doc in case theres an underlying health condition, even if there isn't, they might give you a better water tablet anyway. sometimes if its stuffy in my office, i can feel my legs becoming puffy and my shoes feel tighter.

hope this helps x

thanks..
i have recently been tested for the above too, so as far as the dr is concerned its fine, and its just something that happens.. but maybe i should chat to him...

I've got really bad water rentention in my legs, doc did prescribe water retention tablets some time ago but I was going to the loo 5-6 times in the night! In the end my sleep requirement outweighed the need for slimmer legs!

i am up constantly peeing throughout the night anyway as i do drink loads throughout the day (in the hope that the saying of drinking more will help...)

directions on my water tablets (frusemide) say to take in the morning! i'd never say to anyone to take a water tablet at night, god! must be horrible!

Green Tea is Excellent for those who suffer from water retention (my daughter has a medical problem and it really does help) I also have the tea when it comes to that time of month and we find it works better much than meds

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i take green tea tablets (cant stand the tea...) every day. so already taking those :)

Kes how many litres of water do you drink?
And do you drink mint tea

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

no to the mint tea, and water vairies from 2-4 litres. but more towards the 3ish

i cant stomach flavoured tea it all tastes like a warm puddle to me!

I've taken HRI water balance in the past, and they've been briliant! Particularly when I've been away on holiday and my ankles swell up! Available over the counter/supermarkets.

thanks ladies, will see what i can get :)

Did you get anything hun?

Went to boots and got the water balance... will try them tomorrow... :)

kes, remember to take it in the morning. you'll pee all night and not get a decent sleep otherwise.
also, years ago when i first got a water tablet, it gave me cramp in my leg and someone told me to eat half a pack of ready salted crisps to stop the cramps. it worked, but i cant eat the crisps/dont get the cramps this time round.
just thought i should tell you in case it happens to you too x

It says to take them twice a day... should I take one at breakfast and lunch.. as you can't take one on empty....

Something working as I do feel less bloated, but it could be the fact I'm not eating rubbish anyone... (well not as much of it LOL)

Back