Water Temperature - does it matter?

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
Hi

I mainly drink my water intake at a luke warm temperature - I don't like cold water, so for me luke warm is easier to drink (Yes I am slightly odd!)

Does it matter what temperature the water is?

I ask because, I used to think black tea and coffee was part of my daily intake, but saw a few weeks back on this forum that 'technically' it isn't :sigh: Is this to do with the water temperature or something else?

Thanks in advance :)

Hugs xxx

I hope a CDC comes in and answers this question . . .

I only drink luke warm water as i have very sensitive teeth but can have the mousse :eek: Odd i know but i just cant do cold water.

My CDC said it doesnt matter, as long as you dont use boiling water in your shakes.

xx

i cant drink water unless its straight out the fridge, the only time i can drink it even at room temperature is during the night as i always take a bottle up to bed
i dont think it matters wether its warm or not as long as its water

Hailz - That's exactly the same reason why I drink it luke warm. My teeth are very sensitive and it really hurts!

I know about the shakes not having boiling water added to them, which is fine for me, but I still don't quite fully understand the coffee and teas not being part of the intake - black coffee and tea are allowed so surely it is just fluid, but hot?! Which is why I'm wondering whether it is the temperature of water that means it can't be included as part of your intake.

If I'm honest, before I knew about this I drank tea and coffee all day long and still had great losses, but evenso it is good to know these things for sure!

xxx

i read somewere can't remeber were but it was a few days ago.

your body uses energy to heat up cold water in your tummy to body temp, this takes energy. so the colder the water the more energy you burn...

dunno if its a myth or not

Emma,

I drink mostly green tea at home as the water is always too cold for me lol.

My CDC never said it was not included as intake.

Surely liquid is liquid? Hot or cold?! x

I'm pretty sure that the reason we can't count tea or coffee has nothing to do with temperature. Apparently, it's very difficult to get an answer out of Head Office as to why fluid intake has to be 4 pints of plain water whether it be fizzy / flat, hot or cold), but them's the rules.

It looked for a while as though caffeine had something to do with it, cos Roobiboos (sp? :confused:) counts as fluid intake. But if that was the case, surely decaffeinated coffee and tea would count?

It's all very confusing and I don't actually think that there is a definitive answer.

I think I will just continue as I am doing, as I say I have still had fab losses when including tea and coffee as my water intake and also drinking it luke warm.

It's just been one of those burning questions...

Don't think it matters really.

I do remember seeing a documentory about anorexia websites, and it mentioned they say to drink ice water because it takes more energy (therefore more fat) to burn!!!!! So maybe you're right Sam!!! I doubt very much that it makes any difference at all though, as we aren't size 4 teenage girls :p

I think tea and coffee can act as a diuretic (flushes out water), so water intake should be over and above any teas/coffees.
Cold water takes my breath away so I drink mine at room temperature :cool:

Back