Water theory?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Style-Queen, 4 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Style-Queen

Style-Queen Full Member

Healthy eating
    When I first started on CD, I found the water the hardest part of it, and for the most part managed on 1.5-2 litres per day. It didn't seem to effect my weight-loss as I had a steady loss per week.
    However, on my (latest) re-start I have been drinking between 3-3.5 litres per day and noticed the weight loss has been slower?
    Could the extra water be contributing to this?
    I know first time round I tried to up my water intake and I found it made no difference on the scales, so stayed at my 1.5-2 litres.
    I'm going to try it again for this week and see if it has any effect.
    Has anyone else noticed this?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Awaken Me

Awaken Me On my Way...

I think extra water for some people can affect their losses. I used to subscribe to the 'the more you drink, the more you shrink' mantra and I drank between 4 and 5 sometimes 6 litres a day. But this was wreaking havoc with my life (I wouldn't go out in the evening for fear of not hitting my water intake for that day :rolleyes: yes ridiculous).

I now drink about 3 litres a day sometimes 4 and it hasn't affected my losses at all. I'm pretty much consistently losing 4lbs a week and it has dropped a bit from the beginning but there is a lot less of me now :D. Maybe try drinking the recommended minimum amount this week and see if that has any affect on your loss.
  4. determinator

determinator Banned

I dont really think you need to drink all the water to increase losses ... an average person will get 50 % of their daily fluid requirements from the food they eat .. the rest from drink . So on a TFR diet you need to replace the fluid that you would normally get from food , which is why it is important to drink at least 2.5 litres a day . If you dont you can become dehyrated , constipated and also retain fluid more . ( sorry I am a nurse so do preach a bit !!)
  5. lalliali

lalliali xPink Princess!x

i never drink before my weigh in lol as a litre of water is around 1kg in weight but i suppose it really depends on the individual aswell.. i wouldnt drink toooo much as drinking too much water is not good for you either.. 6 litres is a lot lol x
  6. Sunflowers

Sunflowers Wants to be a yummy mummy

Also bear in mind your losses would have slowed down regardless of whether you drank more water or not!
  7. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

I think the mantra "the more you drink, the more you shrink" is a terrible one and quite irresponsible. People have died from over consumption of fluids on vlcd, I remember the last time I did cd someone on a different vlcd diet, died from this, I cant remember how much water it was reported she was drinking but it was very large and diluted her bodies essential salts balance to a terminal level.

CD recommend a certain amount of water consumption to replace the water that we would normally get from our food consumption. I am motivated to hit this amount, because if I dont I find that it effects my bathroom visits, but I dont believe in any sense that the amount of fluid intake has impacted on any weight loss.

Best of luck on the diet,
  8. Style-Queen

Style-Queen Full Member

Healthy eating
    Thank you all for your replies. I am going to see if drinmking less water does have any effect on my losses this week and shall report back!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.