Water water water!!

melodyuk

Does anyone know how many glasses or volume of water we are advised to drink per day on slimming world??

I've looked online and so many different answers on different health sites.

I'm terrible at drinking throughout the day but had two pints of squash on day 1 yesterday. I'm hoping squash is allowed?? As water alone makes me feel sick :-(

Does anyone know how many glasses or volume of water we are advised to drink per day on slimming world??

I've looked online and so many different answers on different health sites.

I'm terrible at drinking throughout the day but had two pints of squash on day 1 yesterday. I'm hoping squash is allowed?? As water alone makes me feel sick :-(

I think it's 8 pints?? Yes you can have no added sugar squash. I'm really bad for drinking water/squash too. I can go all morning until lunchtime without a drink!

I've got to get back to drinking lots again. Slowly but surely or you'll be peeshing like a racehorse lol...X

Thank you - I was all of last night just on 2 pints hahaha!! As I decided to start drinking them at 8pm lol!! I'd only had 2 cups of tea for the remainder of the day.

Time to start drinking more then if it's 8 pints eeek lol

As a seasoned dieter who never listens to the dietician's advice lol...I can confirm you should be drinking at least 4 pints per day which equates to 2 Ltrs of water & add an extra pint in summer!

Now then, I used to never bother until recently when my daughter nagged me because I complained of my lack of weight loss. Finally, I started glugging the last 3-4 wks and OMG!! You can see my weight loss has been as much as 3.5lb p.w.!!! Last week it slowed but that was due to the start of Crimbo parties & replacing water with........erm.....alcohol...eeek!

Also, a little trick I learned through the years when over indulging on special occasions, is to drink plain soda water with a couple of slices of lemon first thing the next morning & drink soda water throughout the day. It speeds up weight loss by shocking the body.....something to do with the bubbles or sommit lol! If you do it too often, your system gets used to it and it doesn't have the same effect so restrict it for those really 'bad' times. Pity I didn't do my morning after trick this Christmas but did drink a hell of a lot of sodas throughout the day so hopefully my weigh in today will not show a dramatic weight gain after the festive gluttony.

6 to 8 glasses or 1.2 litres. That is just over 2 pints so you were pretty much spot on.

PP is right, I meant to say 8 glasses not PINTS :eek: ooops, I'll have you drinking loads! lol

When working I drink water constantly but when home I forget. However, I have 4-5 black tea during the day. I avoid squaches and fizzy drinks. Must remind myself to drink water on my days off.

I started the day with a cup of lemon, honey and hot water, followed by a cup of tea. Then had my breakfast and a cup of tea. Just finished walking a mile with Leslie Sansone and started drinking water. I have put the water in a milk bottle which is solid plastic so I can't see it going down - this encourages me to drink freely rather thinking I have to (like medicine - the thought of that makes me sick and stops me drinking).

I've had to give up Diet Coke to make me drink more water, I easily drank about 4 tins a day! :eek: I'm like you I don't like plain water, I have the Robinsons NAS Orange & Pineapple, its lovely!

Back