WATER

kelz89

I just read that if you drink plenty of water your metabolism burns calories 3% faster..

HELLOOOO WATER! :p

I have been thinking about this and I really must get into the habit of drinking more... I dont drink tea or coffee, just NAS squash, Diet Lemonade or Diet Coke, but like today it is 2.30pm and I havent had a drink yet :banghead: I must drink more :eek:

i can go ages without drinking anything, its ridiclious! even water with weak squash (no added sugar) must be just as good, surely? :)

I have a 2litre bottle beside my desk in work and i just fill it up and drink it throughout day! How are u getting on kelz?have u had ur first weigh in?x

yeah ok, im loving the actual ww plan. has really taught me what im eating etc and portion sizes! last thursday was a week since i started, and i had lost 4lb, i cheekily weighed myself yesterday and was minus another 3lb, although im sure by thursday (2nd week wi) i may have put on as i havent excercised much this week at all :( 2 days to try and fix it i suppose! lol. x

This is often discussed and i think the outcome is that it doesnt have any impact on weight loss. but i could be wrong! dont forget that alot of the water comes from the food you eat as well.

This website that i was reading was saying that it does something to the liver, which then does something to the metabolism etcetc, basically if you give your body the amount of water it needs to function correctly, it helps? whoooooo knows x

Yeah very true i just find that fizzy drinks can bloat me and think if i didn’t fill up my bottle i wudnt drink very much at all cuz i forget to drink lol x

I read that caffeine can cause fluid retention, so maybe thats why some people might get a better loss by drinking water.
I used to drink far too much diet coke until i started ww and i went cold turkey, i feel alot more energised and less bloated round my tummy.

The only reason people say to drink water is because of the other pros like no sugar so better for your teeth etc and also like Starlight said because of bloating, i only drink water / squash dislike fizzy pop.. and my WI's are the same either way tbh

but if you want something to try to speed things up a lil try green tea! find this helps

Back