water?!?!

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
I REALLY struggle to drink water, i hate it!! the only water i do drink is whats in a cup of tea or coffee other than that its nothing. However.......iv fallen in love with volvic with a touch of strawberry and drink loads of it now. Is this ok on this diet?

Does it contain citric acid? cuz if it does think it prevents you from getting in ketosis?
Not 100% sure but 99.9%.
No what you mean about the water tho I'm the same. You can get a water flavoring for the water thats safe to have think I'm gonna look into that, as I hate hate hate plain water.

Good luck.
x

the ingredients are: Volvic Natural Mineral Water (99.5%), Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid), Strawberry Flavouring, Preservative (Potassium Benzoate), Sweeteners (Sucralose, Acesulfame K).

yea its got citric acid in it :( guess you could still drink it, its better than nothing.
I tend to steer clear of things with citric acid in it there's a thread on her somewhere with a list of stuff that is free from citric acid, i'll have a look for the link.
x

cheers. I just think its better i drink 3ltrs of that water than no water at all.

yea very true, good luck

xx

thanks

if u want to get into ketosis (im not so I drink any sugar free drink) Sainsburys do a strawberry and kiwi fizzy water which is REALLY nice! Im like you, have never drunk enough but love this water

do you really think the volvic water will keep me out of ketosis?

Citric acid can stop or kick some people out of ketosis. Some people find it doesn't affect them at all. You might be lucky but at the same time you might not.

Have you thought about peppermint tea? I drink lots of that and it's safe to drink on this diet.

Yep that water is a definite no-no.

You can have tescos still strawberry water though. I dont know if that tastes the same as the volvic one or not but it's worth a try if you dont like plain water.

Iv got some ketostix so i might see what they say but get some tesco water in too.

Tesco do strawberry and an apple water. They're both really nice x

I was shocked when I realised that my 3 cups of tea in the morning are in fact 1L! :D Thats the best Litre I drink! ;)

The citric acid only affects some people, and although it may make ketosis harder, you would still be losing weight, as it's the calorie count that matters for the weight loss. However, most people have the benefit, if they get into ketosis that the hunger cravings are much less.
But drinking water is definitely better than not drinking any; but may well be worth investigating some of the other vlcd water flavourings that you can get, or some of the non citric acid ones.

do you really think the volvic water will keep me out of ketosis?

When I was on LT in 2009 - there was a lady over there that only ever drank Strawberry Volvic and she had massive losses.

You could try a week of drinking Strawberry Volvic and a week on something else and see if there is a difference.

Back