Water

willowmcg

For some silly reason I keep forgetting to drink water. I have tea and coffee and coke zero but not a lot of water, will this affect weight loss, Im just not thirsty.

yeah definitely drink water!
It flushes out the fat as it breaks down in the body. you also dont hold onto water much without carbs so it will keep going straight through you, and then you drink more -its one of the hardest parts of the diet to keep up with.
for me, when being out and about its hard to keep drinking water and then finding loos!

Thanks meoww Ive started filling a bottle and just drinking from it and refilling soon as its empty

:) good good, you'll feel better for it.
I fill a glass or bottle before bed, as first thing I do in the morning is drink water! and a minute later I run to the loo!
ive got a nice re-usable bottle I fill up, I like to get one of those with the filters in

What you also need to remember is on a conventional diet you take in about 2litres of water a day naturally via food. We dont get that on a VLCD so have to drink more.

I had the same problem but what I do now is make up a half litre of flavoured water every time I have a pack and have it with it. That way I know Ive definitely got 2 litres down and find it easier just to top up a bit with coffee etc

a few years back they were saying we needed more like 3-4L of water but reduced it down. In my Lighterlife group though most of us were aiming for around 3L not including water in shakes or anything else, I dont think I often actually drank 3L but aiming there meant I got a decent 2L and a bit

I never ever exceeded my liquid intake to more than 3L and its never done me any harm. Listen to your body and drink to thirst. Definitely do not force it down. It's dangerous!

Back