We all eat at different times

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by shirlgirl, 28 October 2010 Social URL.

1. shirlgirl

shirlgirl New Member

Hello all - you lot look pretty inspirational so I just signed up - this is my first post.

My husband and daughter will eat the same meals as me however in the week with us all having different schedules we eat at different times. It is down to me to do the cooking - can you give me some suggestions of meals that stay ready to serve - I thought of chilli and bolognese - other ideas very welcome. I can't face the idea of cooking 3 times - thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Slow cooker, Lots of different soups & hot pots.

4. Moo85

Moo85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    also pasta bake, curry, risotto & paella. Stuff like potato salad would be good too although not very wintery! :)

5. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Loads of different sishes that could be cooked in the slow cooker, its a must!! haha

6. shirlgirl

shirlgirl New Member

Thanks - I have a slow cooker will dig it out. Anything you folk make that you can recommend?

7. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    we dont all eat at different times, but my work means on tues, thurs and fri i am at work till late, but i am home in the afternoon, so i find dishes that i can cook at lunch to just reheat when i get in. Hubby sometimes comes back late so on those days i also do meals that can be reheated.

Have just bought a slow cooker, and LOVE it. Thursday is slow cooker ( experimentation) day this thread has our experiments http://www.minimins.com/sw-winter-w...tarian-slow-cooker-recipes-6.html#post2938594

other things i do that just need pasta or rice to be cooked at each sitting ( but im sure they could manage to boil a pan of water and boil rice/pasta??? surely?? )
    Currys
    spag bol
    chilli
    the ragu in the new mag could be left and reheated
    spagheti and meatballs in tomato sauce
    any pasta bake type dish

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.