weak and splitting fingernails

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by MinnieMel, 4 February 2011 Social URL.

1. MinnieMel

MinnieMel Why Be Normal?

Start Weight:
    192lb
    Current Weight:
    192lb
    Goal Weight:
    138lb
    Lost(%):
    0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers/low carb/cc
    Hi --

It seems as if the only thing that is really thin on me ATM, are my fingernails. They are broken down to quick, splitting, cracking and chipping. I do not remember this happening when I was on LL... is anyone finding that their fingernails are suffering from a CD diet?

MM

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tessieg1

Tessieg1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st9lb(-3.9%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save, then 5:2 Diet
    Hi MM, I found this to start with, but after a while my nails grew much stronger.

It's probably just the body reacting to the low calorie diet?

Good luck. :)

4. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Mine are better now as I started using a nail oil nightly to keep them from drying out and a buffer to seal the surface so that it had a better water barrier.

5. sarah-louise x

sarah-louise x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    it will be due to weather, air con/central heating ect drying them out rather than the diet as the diet does contain all the nutrients your body needs. GG's advice of buffing would help seal the nail plate, tho take care not to over buff as this itself will thin the nail. also use a good cuticle oil, hand moisturiser and keep nails short for a while to help keep them at their strongest and u could use a nail strengthening top coat but again be careful as some can dry them out further! sally hanson is a good one. HTH x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.