weak willed - dont know how you do it

BEXS99

I have to say, i take my hat off to you all, god i am struggling so bad, everything i look at is food - do any of you cheat or have cheated (just to make me feel better), me not too bad in day as in work but evenings is a killer, cooking to little ones tea etc, sitting here on me own... :family2:

i personally haven't cheated, i've found my willpower on this diet!

it is hard at first & it does seem that food is EVERYWHERE but it will get better once you hit ketosis. i find if i'm having a hard time i just log onto here and read the success stories. everyone here is very very supportive.

how long have you been on the diet? have you been drinking enough water? good luck!!! :) xxxx

It is a hard diet... at first!

Honestly hang in there and once you hit ketosis you will be fine :)

Im sorry no I didnt cheat once during the diet xx

I have had a couple of blips......... it's a hard diet but so worth the results. The main thing is, if you do fall off the wagon get straight back on it. The first week is the worst but after that you're not hungry. I found it's the actual habit of eating food that's the killer, not the hunger. Good luck

thanks

thanks girls, have sinned again tonight and had few chicken dippers, but going to try 100 per cent tomorrow as i cant keep doing this, get weighted on friday and probably not lost anything... Shame u cant just wake up thin lol:cry:

You're wasting your money if you cheat. You might as well do SW or WW or something if your need to eat is that bad.

I didn't cheat once in 15wks TFR (and 2 wks of refeed). It's a decision - food isn't an option and that's that. Sorry if that sounds harsh but this regime demands 100% if you're serious about sorting your weight issues. People will tell you they've had a lapse and then carried on but that can be a very slippery slope if you think it's okay.

Just MHO xx

Hi Bex,
Firstly welcome and I hope you get your head around this diet quickly. There is a thread called 'bring your head inside'... look for it and read it, it may help. This diet is as much about your state of mind as it is about the state of your body, you cannot do it if you are not committed to it.
You will continue to have hard times unless you do it 100% and totally abstain from food other than what the chemist gives you in the form of shakes, flapjacks and soup. If you eat on this it is another day longer to get into ketosis, therefore a day longer feeling hard done by.
This is my 10th week and I haven't cheated. I have 3 small boys, cook for them each night and at this stage I don't even think about it, it is a job I do, like washing or brushing the floor. You will get to that stage too but only if you allow it to happen.
I wish you al the best and hope that from now on, not tomorrow but from this moment on, you feel dedicated to yourself and the journey you are taking on LT.
Good luck.
Doirin

thanks, well am going to try tomorrow, might change the routine though, have the morning shake later and lunch later, i struggle around 5pm till 7pm then am okay, I know i can do this as did well up until 5.30 today...

Hi Bex,
that sounds like a good idea, I know when I started on this the advice from my chemist was hold off until as late in the morning as possible to have the first shake. I did that and it helped. I have them around 11am, 3pm and 8pm, this seems to suit me. Best of luck with having a better day tomorrow. Come on here and post if you feel like eating and there will be great support to help you through it.
Doirin

your only just starting so it's just a matter of getting down to it, maybe up your watr intake, or have some fizzy for a change - you can do it, once ketosis kicks in you'll be there

x

Bex, sounds like you are desperate - your mind just needs to keep focussed..The longer you leave it to go for it 100%, the MORE painful it will be - getting into ketosis helps a huge amount, and you can't get there if you cheat.

I have my shakes roughly, 12pm, 4.30pm and 8pm. I'm just not hungry in the morning - and find it motivating to say to myself - not having my 'breakfast' until I've had 2 ltrs of water!. then I'm half way there with the water - although I could easily drink more than the max of 4.5 litres.

100 percent tomorrow ???? fresh start..... do it !!

Caren.

i did 'cheat' but not because i was tempted by food as such, i had a rethink as i felt weak, now i know it was probably just a hard day at work that had tired me out. so i ate friday night, saturday and sunday, although v. little. went back on my shakes as of yesterday morning and feel ten times better

its a waste of time, effort and money if you're going to keep throwing it all away once it gets to teatime!

i was on it a week before i cheated, and everytime i got slightly tempted to grab something to eat, i just thought of the money i was spending, and would it really be worth ruining it just for a bit of something!! hope u get round it xxx

Hi Bex

Sorry to hear you arent finding it so easy....I think you really need to take a long hard look at you and find look at the reasons WHY you need or want to do LT.

It is extreme! None of us on here would say otherwise, but it rewards you in return for being 100%! I had a blip a few weeks into the program...only momentarily and it really shook me up! Why, because I could see the goal and I was messing up...for what! To eat....and I didnt even enjoy it at that.

The feelings of getting healther far outweight that feeling of gorging myself to death (so to speak)!!!

You need to be honest with youself sweetie...if you feel it is torture and that everyone else can do it but not you, then you are not in the right place at the minute....that isnt a bad thing! But, let me just say that happened to me last year when I initially tried LT and I lasted 1 full day! A year later and one and a half stone later (and extremely depressed) I tried again, but I KNEW, KNEW, KNEW I had to do this NO MATTER WHAT!

So, get your head around the diet and why you want to do it.....dont be half hearted, it just wont work for you and blooming expensive too!

YOU can do it! If you want to...we are all in the same boat together and are here for each other and you too! Think of it as a little holiday from food and to get to know you and why you reach for the food everytime. It is quite life changing.

We will all be hoping you make the right decision for you at this time.

Take care

Perhaps now isn't your time. I wanted it so badly I haven't cheated at all or been seriously tempted. Its costing you a lot of money and thats a waste if you can't commit to it.
Hope you can find the strength to carry on. If not, it's no disgrace, you can try again when you feel more positive : )

thanks, think my main reason is i know i;m going on holiday next week, and will be coming off it then, but though it be a good idea to start week before..

don't think you are wasting your money if you "cheat" and least you recognise that you have had something u should'nt have had, but we all slip up - but we get back up again and get going for another day - another day closer to our goals - we can achieve them if we put our minds to it - usually within 4 - 21 day we can do it
love munchies xo

I agree with Muchies, I am only starting week 3 so some people will probably say i have no right to comment on this just yet,but i have been on the diet before two years ago. I think some of the comments were a little harsh wouldnt it be great if we were all perfect and had no slip ups but thats life, you learn you lession and start again. Best of luck Bex, you will get there.

hy bex first time round i was ok didnt cheat lost weight felt great, stopped as i was going away and ever since have found it hard to get back in the routine i stopped lt completly as i found it was not going to work for me if i couldnt stick to it 100%, i was in denial about my weight i thought i wasnt that big till i looked at a recently picture took of me now i know what i have to do thats why iv restarted, when i slipped up id say in my head its ok ill start fresh tommorow and i realised i got in the habbit of doing that if you focus,stay strong and remember why your on lt youll be ok

Why dont you try and re-feed this week if you are going on holiday next week....sounds like your brain is in holiday mode already :)!

Dont beat yourself up! Once you have had your lovely holiday, you can come back and you wont have that to distract you.

Can understand now why you were having a hard time.

Have a great holiday!!! Enjoy and relax :)

thanks, think my main reason is i know i;m going on holiday next week, and will be coming off it then, but though it be a good idea to start week before..

I agree with Muchies, I am only starting week 3 so some people will probably say i have no right to comment on this just yet,but i have been on the diet before two years ago. I think some of the comments were a little harsh wouldnt it be great if we were all perfect and had no slip ups but thats life, you learn you lession and start again. Best of luck Bex, you will get there.

Hiya,

We all have the right to say what we think, it doesn't matter if you been on LT a minute or a year. Each one of us, bring a new aspect to the topic, and each one is valid.
In fact you are probably more in tune with newbies compaired to me, because time can do funny things to your memories.

I haven't cheated, but since I know I'll be refeeding in a few weeks, I'm craving all sorts of food, mostly bad, which is worrying. But I think I've embedded the reasons why I want to be slim in my subconscience, so when I look at that piece of cake, chocolate I visualised the fat me eating it and the slim me walking past it or throwing it away. It's working for now, but it's getting harder and the weeks go by. The mental battle with overeating is raging.

Back