Wedding 5th July 08 - Lose 5 stone!

bo_lady

Hi everyone,
I thought I would start a diary just so that I can read back on it, write if I am having any problems and generally vent anger, frustation and happiness!!

Well I am 23 I got engaged in March and suddenly realised that my life of always being on a diet had not done anything and I really needed to sort myself out!! So we booked the wedding and it is 5th July 08. A year away but I want to go dress shopping in November and also dont want ppl to not recognise me when I am walking down the aisle.

Obviously I do need this for the long term too! I have gall stones and need to have an operation and was told to lose weight so need to drop it for that and then I want to have healthy pregnancys when w decide and also what to be fit and healthy for my kids! So I really need to do this.

I have had mixed reactions when I tell ppl about the diet. H2b is very supportive as he knows how unhappy I am in myself and also how much I need to lose it. My family tell me I wont be able to do it, but this only motivates me more to do it!! So I am very focused and motivated at the mo. Maybe Day 3 il be here complaining!!

So today I went to see my cdc, I was nervous about going to her house, but instantly felt relaxed and she weighed me, I am 17st 3lbs and measured my waist 43 inches gosh I was shocked!! Anyway I need to have 4 packs cos im tall and so I decided on what to eat and got a nice selection so I cud quickly establish what I like and dont like! I got a tetra for everyday so i have the ease whilst at work!

Tomorrow I begin!! I am going to make a hot choc shake for brekkie, then having my hair done!! Then il decide what to eat. I am also going to invest in a frothie hot and cold maker so that will help me to make them properly.

I am planning on drinking 4 litres min a day.

So anyway I will leave it there and try to come back everyday to update u and ask u millions of questions!!

Thanks for reading if u got this far.

Love Anna xxx

Hi Anne,

I am also a Bride to Be, not as organised as you though - am getting married in 11 weeks and have a size 12 dress to fit into, need 3 stone gone by then!

I too am on Day 1 today - started on Mon & Tues and gave up by the eve so today is Day1 for sure and i am going to stick with it!

I am aiming for 4 litres of water as well - starting on my first one now and have a sparkling water ready to go as well.

I had a strawb shake for my breakfast, Tetra choc for lunch and going to try a veg soup later on. I will be popping on all day so fingers crossed for us!!

Laura

Hi Mitten,

Well I reckon u will be ok, you just really need to stick to it!!

So far I have had a hot choc shake and 1.5 litres of water, Having a banana tetra and then soup and then another shake. I have to have four cos of my height!!

So far so good, I am looking at ppl eating and thinking its gross and they r guna put weight on. Quite naughty really!!! But helps me get thru the day!!!

How are you doing??

Anna xx

Stick at it

You go girl!!! I am on day 1 and feeling quite positive at the mo, keep in touch, the loss at the end of the first week has got to be worth it:confused:

Pizzalover,
It really has got to be worth it!!! My aunty was eating pasta and then helped herself to another bowl and I just thought tut tut tut!! Then felt bad!!!!
Hows ur day beeen??

bo lady

My days been ok, i dont have breakfast anyway, so I have only had one shake so far, feel a bit sick, and only managed 3 pints of water so far, going to have another shake about 4 and then a soup about 7, as evenings is when I am at my hungriest. The shakes are nice though, I am quite impressed. I have a little girl who is 3, and she is eating chocolate which is hard as I am dying to have a bite!!

Hi Bo Lady and Pizza Lady,

Day 1 still going to plan here – hope ye are getting on as well?

Had a Tetra pack for lunch and now having a large peppermint tea, 1.5 litres of water gone, 1.5 litres to go!

Went for a wander around shops at lunchtime, god, I just felt so so massive! I am really horrified with myself for getting into this state but sure what can I do – 11 weeks and counting!

Pizza Lady – have you much to loose or what are your aims?

hey there

Day 1 going to plan for me too, I am 13 st now, and my realistic target weight 10.7st, although I would like to get down to 9, will just have to see how it goes, If i can comfortably fit into a size 12 again the I will be happy, I am currently in size 16. How bout you guys??

Hi ladies,

I have just got back from the hairdressers, I had a banana tetra there which was quite nice I was suprised!! Now have drunk 3 litres so nearly there on that one, although I sooooooo needed the loo while she was drying my hair. Then took about 5 mins to act go.

I am not sure really if I am hungry or not!! I keep going to pick at things tho which isnt good then I remember I am not able to!!! I will hopefully find it easier tomoz at work and can keep myself busy!!

I am a size 20 at the mo, weigh 17.3 stone and my healthy weight is 11.7. So got a much longer journey than u guys!!!

Anna xx

Hi Nat & Anna,

I weighed in this morning at 13.13 (yuk!) I thought that my ideal weight was 9 stone, I am 5’5”. To be honest I would be delighted beyond belief to get to 10 stone for the wedding. I was 10.2 for one day only on Lipotrim and I was a perfect size 12 (sigh!). Maybe I will have to forget all about dreams of 9 stone as it could be very hard to maintain.

Still going ok, tomorrow should be the toughest, I am looking forward to a veg soup later, I hope they are not manky!!!

I think I am going to go for the chicken and Mushroom soup tonight. I am not sure if im hungry or not to be honest!! I still have 2 packs to have but dont want to make them clash with wen every1 has dinner!!! So think il hold on until dinner and then have one b4 bed!!! O decisions decisions!!!

soup to avoid`

Avoid the broccoli and cheese soup at all costs - it tastes like sick and is pretty disgusting!!!!!!! Just to let you all know.
Sorry!!

Hi Bo Lady and Nats,

Just finished my dinner AKA my veg soup and am undecided about it. Wasn't very bad but very wierd after taste kinda thing. It didn't taste like any sort of cup a soup i have ever had. I have a chicken and mushroom and a Spicy tomotoe to try yet - might give them a whirl and if no improvement stick with shakes and bars. What bars are nice?

Pizza lover - will avoid the broc and chedd soup so - vomit!!

Am i ok to have a coke zero? Also i added pepper to the soup, is that ok?

Apart from that Day 1 nearly over - roll on bloody Ketosis!

How are ye fairing?

Well ladies, Day one is finally over.
I started the day off at about 9am with a hot choc shake, it was lovely tasted to me like a highlights.
I then whilst I was at the hairdressers had a banana tetra which was also really nice.
I had a Butterscotch shake made with water and ice cubes which was scrummy was a bit like angel delight my fav.
I then had a chick and mush soup which like u Mitten it had a weird after taste. I could manage it but I am not sure I like it anywhere near as much as the shakes.
I drank 4.5 litres and have spent a lot of my time in the loo!!
Im getting a slight headache now not sure if it is withdrawals or the hairdresser pulling my hair around.
I am so very happy to have succeeded on day1. I have gone to pick at things like walking past the fruit bowl and going to take a grape. I went to pick at the chesse made for every1 elses dinner. But I remember just in time. I even sat at the dinner table while everyone had a bbq and i had my soup!! Will power or what!!

I voice what u say Mitten Roll on Ketosis.

Have u guys got Ketosis stix or just going to hope that ur in it??

Love Anna xx

Ketosis etc

Hear hear, roll on ketosis!!!! Will definately try butterscotch next week if its nice. I agree the soups leave quite a bitter after taste dont they! coke zero is fine but the advised amount if you have to have it is 1 pint per day. pepper is fine, and i have also been told that tobasco sauce is ok to add taste to the soups. I dont know about anyone else but i am beginning to get really hungry.....

Pizzalover,

I am fine actually, I do get to have 4 packs tho so dont know if that makes a difference. Go to bed!!! Then day2 will begin!!!!

Anna xx

No ketosis sticks - once you hit it you will know and if you stick with the plan 100% then it's guaranteed.

On Lipotrim it took me 8 days to start feeling myself again but ketosis det in after 5 days. The horribel weak and starving feeling goes and the taste in your mouth foul! Can't wait though!!

The soup was very dodge - it's still repeating on me and i am feeling kinda sick thinking of the taste of it. I don't think i will get more next week unless other flavours are gorgeous - doubtful!

Do you know if the Coke Zero is allowed?

Well done to us both!

Hi everyone,
I thought I would start a diary just so that I can read back on it, write if I am having any problems and generally vent anger, frustation and happiness!!

Well I am 23 I got engaged in March and suddenly realised that my life of always being on a diet had not done anything and I really needed to sort myself out!! So we booked the wedding and it is 5th July 08. A year away but I want to go dress shopping in November and also dont want ppl to not recognise me when I am walking down the aisle.

Obviously I do need this for the long term too! I have gall stones and need to have an operation and was told to lose weight so need to drop it for that and then I want to have healthy pregnancys when w decide and also what to be fit and healthy for my kids! So I really need to do this.

I have had mixed reactions when I tell ppl about the diet. H2b is very supportive as he knows how unhappy I am in myself and also how much I need to lose it. My family tell me I wont be able to do it, but this only motivates me more to do it!! So I am very focused and motivated at the mo. Maybe Day 3 il be here complaining!!

So today I went to see my cdc, I was nervous about going to her house, but instantly felt relaxed and she weighed me, I am 17st 3lbs and measured my waist 43 inches gosh I was shocked!! Anyway I need to have 4 packs cos im tall and so I decided on what to eat and got a nice selection so I cud quickly establish what I like and dont like! I got a tetra for everyday so i have the ease whilst at work!

Tomorrow I begin!! I am going to make a hot choc shake for brekkie, then having my hair done!! Then il decide what to eat. I am also going to invest in a frothie hot and cold maker so that will help me to make them properly.

I am planning on drinking 4 litres min a day.

So anyway I will leave it there and try to come back everyday to update u and ask u millions of questions!!

Thanks for reading if u got this far.

Love Anna xxx

Hello Anna - how lovely to meet you !!

this time last year I was 17st 2lbs :eek: (I'm 5' 9")....I lost 4 and a half stone on Cambridge between 19th August and 15th Dec 2007....IT CAN BE DONE !!!

and what an incentive you have...:D you WILL be a beautiful bride......chin up hun....and keep us posted with your progress :)

look forward to sharing your success !

lotsa love

Debz xx

Thanks so much Debz. That has made me focused!!

Pizzalover they are something u wee on to find out if ur in ketosis!!

Back