Wedding/Beach : TWIN TERRORS!

Earthmother

Likes to cook
4 days in - ok so far

I thought I'd ask if any of you guys are facing either or both of the horrors facing me. Firstly, my sons wedding, (what the hell will I wear?) secondly, its taking place in Cuba. (what the hell will I wear?). This involves 2 weeks of beach/poolside trying to look invisible,(what the hell will I wear?), with the added bonus of 14 nights of dressing up.(What the hell will I wear?)
This begs the question, What the hell will I wear? It's like the old joke, "I tried my posh outfit on and the only thing that fitted was the hat". Its bad enough finding a decent wedding outfit over a size 14, never mind a whole wardrobe for the sun that also covers you from head to toe. I found myself wondering where I could get hold of a burqa. Anyway, as I am the only member of the wedding party who is fat, I have decided to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. With your help I know that this time I can do it.​

hey, how are you getting on?
Whens the wedding? If you've got time to let the xenical work and exercise then im sure you'll have the choice of lots of outfits.
If not and its really soon, you'll look fab, and the day will be so special that you wont be thinking of your weight. The other 14 nights, well its cuba - kaftans cover a multitude!! Take care xxx

The weddings in May, so plenty of time, I could do with 5 or 6 stone off, but I would be delighted with 3st 7lbs. To be honest I've known about it since April this year so I could have been well on my way by now. Better late than never. How are the tablets, did you start them yesterday?

i have every faith in you and im sure you will do fine on xenical you seem motivated and if you loose the motivation then we will be here to pick you back up again !!

may is a good time away so get stuck in now and then when your on holiday dont worry you will have been respecting and treating your body right so you should like yourself much more by then..

but i remember my pain when i was invited places/functions .. id shy away and ignore everything...but this upcoming year will be sooo diff , and you shouldnt let weight stop you enjoying yourself xxx

I am getting terrific vibes from you all, that bit Piink says about liking yourself and treating your body with respect is particularly powerful, I feel taller just reading it. Lizzie

hey lizzie glad it made sence , sometimes i type things and its all rambles or it seems like it...

i said that from my own insight i guess... i used to grab junk food and hide away because i hated who i was , didnt look after myself in a way someone should i guess..

Now i respect my body every day into my new life i get a sence that i am a better person and that im doing all i can to better myself.. so if other people have issues with what i look like its up to them i feel fab at the mo and altho id have the same anxietys as you bout teh whole beach/pool thing .. i think by then you will be in a better frame of mind.. xx

Hey Liz,

I know exactly what you mean. I have spent the last few years avoiding going to functions mainly because I didn't know what to wear and usually ended up looking like a beached whale!!

Since I've been on Xenical I am much more positive about myself and for the first time in years am looking forward to going to Xmas parties. I've still got loads of weight to go yet but people are already noticing and saying how well I look.

I'm sure the thought of the wedding and being in Cuba will keep you on track and you will look fab.

Good luck I can't wait to see the photos!!
Shorty xxx

Back