Wedding Survivor returns **food talk**

thin_inside

I Can Do This!
I am just back from a long weekend in the lakes based around my sister's wedding :love047: on Friday followed by family get together to Monday. My sister has been amazingly supportive and was happy for me to toast her wedding with sparkling water and dine on vegetable soup and hot banana shake.

Despite the enormous volume of amazing food at a classy hotel (huge cooked breakfasts, gorgeous looking biscuits with each cup of coffee ordered, etc) and at the wedding breakfast (lamb, my favourite!), my only really sticky moment was when I could smell the spitroast suckling pig (I sat next to it!) for the evening do. Yep, stuck to the packs completely. I still had a great time!

And I got a couple of decent walks in amazing scenery to boot. :angel09:

Well done, well done

Fantastic. Hard, but you did it. FAB
:clap::clap::clap::clap::happy096::girlpower::character00250:

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!! Bravo!!! :bliss: You have this nailed!!! That is exactly the kind of attitude of a successful LL'er!!

Take note people! This can be done - at any event - under any circumstances - social or not!!! There are NO excuses!! :D

Hooorrah for you TI!!! You are a STAR!!!

XX

well done!!!!
daisy x

TI that is just fantastic, you deserve to feel pleased with yourself and as the ladies said above, you'll be at Goal in no time with that attitude.

Great motivation/inspiration to others as well

Thats brilliant! Well done! :D

That's brilliant, you must of felt great afterwards! I had to sit through a spit roast on Sunday and never realised that it is THE best smell ever!!! Had a slight moment when i first smelt it but was fine after sipping on my water. Never thought my will power could withstand that!

Wow TI .... how amazing is that! I bet you never thought you would be able to do that pre LL but look how far you've come ..... huge well done and pats on the back!

x

That is so fab TI! Well done on having a wonderful time and sticking to it!!

Thanks everyone. I really did have a fabulous time and am so chuffed to have come away still abstinent. In pre-LL times I would have binged on loads of food. I even doled out wedding cake (sumptuous chocolate cake) to all and sundry and didn't even lick my fingers.

I am absolutely convinced I will get to goal weight without lapsing. And I will deal with issues associated with reintroducing food in a controlled and managed way that will provide me with the tools for maintaining my weight into the very long future.

Thanks again for the amazing support I get from here. :)

Thin Inside, Well done to you for managing to abstain during your sister's wedding.You have put me to shame with my weekend wobble :eek: when faced with such a big occassion.You'll have absolutely no probs reaching your goal as you are absolutely ready.Fantastic acheivement!! x

Thanks - I do feel proud, but the edge has been taken off by my lowest ever loss this week. Just 1lb. Gutted. I don't regret staying abstinent at all, but the reward was small for the size of the challenge this week.

I'm putting it down to taking far more black coffee and less water than normal, plus totm when I generally do have a lower loss due to water retention.

Now - looking to next week I'm back to loads of water and will make sure I get some exercise in.

well done for your weekend achievement, your loss may be small but look how far you have come in total, I abstained completely over xmas and new year and only had a 1lb loss after 2 weeks, but after going through various emotions (and swear words) managed to put it behind me and low and behold had a good loss the week after. The buzz you get when you have abstained during an important occasion is fantastic and much better than any cooked breakfast. Keep up the good work

Back