Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Wee question re. fats...

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by NikkiM32, 5 June 2011 Social URL.

1. NikkiM32

NikkiM32 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.7%)
    Diet:
    Atkins (previously LighterLife)
    I just wanted to confirm something on the fats...these don't need to be counted into carb allowance isn't that right? And is cheese, mayo and cream counted as a fat? I'm a wee bit concerned that I have been over doing it on these items :-/ also my protein amount seems to be slowly increasing...my appetite is increasing instead of decreasing :-/ I'm on my 6th day. Cheers for any advice or tips xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cinta

Cinta Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st5lb(-3.25%)
    Diet:
    LC/Atkins
    You only need to count the carbs, not fats. We all need fats :), but some people, even the Mighty Jim find cheese does stall them. I'm fine with it. See how your first weigh in goes & if you feel you should be doing better, cut out the cheese for a bit. Hope this helps :)

PS....my appetite was HUGE the first couple of weeks, but went off then.

4. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    23st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and MFP
    Yes some days you will feel ravenous, other days you don't want to eat at all - and on those days, it's important just to have a little something, don't skip meals :)

5. jenki2

jenki2 Rat Crazy

Start Weight:
    22st12lb
    Current Weight:
    22st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I completely agree with LadyFelsham

I've been ravenous on some days, but barely want to touch anything other days! But make sure you do eat! Even if its a little something :)

xxx

6. NikkiM32

NikkiM32 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.7%)
    Diet:
    Atkins (previously LighterLife)
    Thanking u for ur replies :) the chances of me not eating much on any day is veeeeeery small so no problems there lol i love my grub...too much lol. I think I'm over doing it on something...with my protein even....i know i shouldnt but i have been weighing myself every day since starting and for the 1st 4 days i was loosing 1-2lbs per day and then it stalled and I actually was 1lb heavier this morning (day 6) :-/ would it be cheeky of me to post some of my menus and ask what you all think?? xx

7. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    23st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and MFP
    Post away hun - start a diary under the diary section and we can have a look.

And even though it's really tempting to weigh daily, try to just do it once a week, your weight goes up and down.

8. J2BLUE

J2BLUE Low Carber

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    Yes just cound carbs but remember things like cream and nuts etc do contain carbs.

As for the appetite I used to feel guilty for wanting to eat! Now I feel like a real man eating my steak and eggs :D

Cheese doesn't stall me thank God. I couldn't do Atkins without it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.