WEEE! Just ordered 30 day Shred.

BlackRose

Gold Member
Had anyone here completed it? Sounds exactly what I need right now.

I'm all excited -COME ON!!!

Hey BlackRose funny you should mention it, just did Day 1 yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Day 2 done and still alive ;)

IT HURTS!!!!!

I managed 8 days before my knee gave up on me :-(

kittykat6279 said:
what is 30 day shred???

It's an exercise DVD by Gillian Michaels, a trainer from the US The Biggest Loser.

I'm very excited. I've seen some pictures of people at the end of their 'shred' and it's incredible. And I'm just about ready to bust myself in the attempt!

Well Zion? What was day 3 like?

BlackRose said:
Well Zion? What was day 3 like?

Not gonna lie it was tough but I got through it minus a few push ups. Although I think it was harder today because there wasn't much of a gap between day 2 and day 3 (7pm and 8am, something to bear in mind). I can definitely see why you get results and I already feel a difference after three days. Can't wait to see what day 30 will bring! :D

Excellent! Fair play to you for sticking to it. Have you looked online for some results? Some are very impressive. And most people say they don't tend to lose weight with it, it's all about the toning and inch loss. I'd have some of that with no complaining! When I get my DVD, we can check in with each other - make sure we see it through.

I bought this DVD as a pressie for my best mate. She raved about it. Managed eight days then gave up! Too hard she said. Her knees were 'killin'.

Good luck with it gals!

Weird, ordered a copy last week and still hasn't arrived....

hiya

I've ordered this from amazon just waiting for it to arrive!

Will let you know how I get on, bit worried about hearing it hurts knees, my knees aren't good but thats only down to the weight they carry around x

There's quite a few squats and lunges in it which are quite hard going on the knees but then again I have always had problems with my knees.

I did start to see results though even after just 8 days - my tummy looked a lot firmer and less blubbery. I think I'm gonna give it another go next week now my knees have recovered.

It's nice to know that others are doing it too, we can maybe encourage each other :D

Yay!!! So I made it to day 7. It's tough but I think it will be worth it...it does get easier though (I think ;) or at least today felt a bit easier)...

BlackRose said:
Have you looked online for some results? Some are very impressive. And most people say they don't tend to lose weight with it, it's all about the toning and inch loss.
Yeah that's what I read too, it's definitely more about inch loss. Well I've got plenty to lose so hopefully I get results as good as I've read about. Got my tape measure ready! :D

BlackRose said:
When I get my DVD, we can check in with each other - make sure we see it through.

Definitely, we can motivate each other to stick with it. I'm determined to do it and you sound like you are too. Make sure you take your measurements before you start and we can compare results :)

Last edited:
Jonsgirl80 said:
There's quite a few squats and lunges in it which are quite hard going on the knees...

It's nice to know that others are doing it too, we can maybe encourage each other :D

There is a lot of knee bending :(...just try to concentrate on form by making sure your knees don't go over/past your toes and don't go as low/deep in the move until you've done it a few times and built up some strength if they're feeling weak (it's easy to push ourselves too far because we want results but consistency is the key there's no shame in doing the easier option...it's still better than doing nothing)...my left knee is a bit sore today so I'm going to make sure I don't push it too much the next couple of days because I don't want to give up.

It is nice to know not going it alone :)....Team 30 Shred!!! We can definitely encourage each other!

Last edited:
Well, I did day one this morning. The sweat lashed off me! Ive done all these exercises before, it's just like a condensed Body Pump, with lighter weights. I'm knackered though and I'm certain with diet and this I'll have good results at the end of the 30 days. I've measured myself and everyfink and i'm not gonna weigh in until the 30's up.

That's great BlackRose.

Well I did Day 9 this morning and it was surprisingly ok considering it was 6:30am ;)...not sure if I'm ready or brave enough to move onto level 2 on Sunday though...

Have a read of the exercise and fitness forum on myfitnesspal as there are a lot of people on there doing 30DS.

I am also trying not to weigh as much, don't think I could last a month but trying for every fortnight.

Bring on Day 30!!! :D

Day 9 seems so far away! lol> Well done on sticking it out - I hope I do too. :)

BlackRose said:
Day 9 seems so far away! lol> Well done on sticking it out - I hope I do too. :)

Hey BlackRose, How is your 30DS going? Are you on level 2? I found it really tough at first but it's getting easier. I should be on day 20 but instead I'm on day 17 because I missed 3 days :( (not in a row, but since I started)... I'm still keeping at it though, I hope you are too :).

Last edited:
Back